Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

When you look back at "60k in 60 days", how do you feel about it? What did you learn from it?

-d
Old 07-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Could you tell us your poker story? How did you get started? When did you start playing online? Did you have to go BUSTO a few times before taking the game seriously, or did you start out as a good student of the game right away? When was the first time you thought you could really go far with poker? Are there any challenges you're still eying as a poker player?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:53 PM

hey schneids, a few questions

1. do you have any suggestions/recommendations/comments for someone hoping to make the transition from 5/10 shorthanded to the mid stakes?

2. what were some of the common exploitable tendencies that you noticed in smaller stakes TAGs/LAGTAGs when you were making your CR videos?

2. what kind of notes do you take on players?

3. can you post an interesting hand and talk us through your thought process?

thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you play live, do you ever make "feeler" plays? what i'm getting at is that it seems the best limit players always put in the right amount of action with their hands vs different players at different times. sometimes you can correctly fold AJs preflop vs someone, and then soon after you can correctly three bet that same player with the same hand....based on "feel," "tells," "metagame" or something.

in other words...whenever you have a decision to make that can go either way and that isnt obvious...what are you taking into consideration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do, and it's pretty damn tough to explain how or why... Sometimes it's even as simple as "well this is what I feel like doing this time." But oftentimes, the biggest factor for me is how everyone's running and whether I think the opponent is running in a way where his plays are going to be predictable in one direction or another. For example, when some people get caught semi-bluffing once or twice, they might clam up and start playing super straight forward.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 PM

take me back to the first session of playing 1k/2k. what kind of rush was that? i'm sure some of your action was covered, but can you convey what it's like to see pots equivalent to the sizes of some teacher's salary for an entire year? what kind of an edge did you have in that game? did you consciously try to steer yourself from thinking about the sheer dollars involved, and just try to play solidly? is it comparable to a 1/2 or 2/4 games or is the competition quite a step up from that as well(obviously i'm not talking about "1/2" or "2/4" micro/small stakes).

thanks again for doing this.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take me back to the first session of playing 1k/2k. what kind of rush was that? i'm sure some of your action was covered, but can you convey what it's like to see pots equivalent to the sizes of some teacher's salary for an entire year? what kind of an edge did you have in that game? did you consciously try to steer yourself from thinking about the sheer dollars involved, and just try to play solidly? is it comparable to a 1/2 or 2/4 games or is the competition quite a step up from that as well(obviously i'm not talking about "1/2" or "2/4" micro/small stakes).

thanks again for doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It helped having half of myself sold out in that game. During the 06 wsop, I was playing a lot of 300/600 and 400/800 almost every day already, so it being 500/1000 in my mind made it not be too different.

There was one hand I flopped TPTK with AQ and turned two pair and ended up losing a big pot with it to a flopped set, which was a big pot (third guy in the middle too, so $40k+).

The game had been going all night already before I got there, so I think my edge mostly came from playing against really tired, slightly tilted guys chasing losses. I figured my edge was probably in the .5-1bb/100 type range, though that's pretty tough to estimate. I think when a game of this size does get going and gets fuller (as was the case that night), it's usually going to be a better game than the 300/600 game.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was one hand I flopped TPTK with AQ and turned two pair and ended up losing a big pot with it to a flopped set

[/ QUOTE ]

standard.

[ QUOTE ]
which was a big pot (third guy in the middle too, so $40k+).

[/ QUOTE ]

well, okay. not so standard.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 PM

How important was taking "shots" in your early career?
What advice would you give someone that is a bankroll nit at the 2/4-5/10 level that plays for side-income and just keeps cashing out everything over 1000bb each month?

Also, someone else had mentioned, common mistakes you see in today's mid-limit SH games while making your videos.

I have watched Stox video's , how would you compare your style to Stox?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 PM

To expand both on the questions I asked and Beast's above question, how did you progress through the stakes? Was it a lot of shot taking and rocketing up, was it the ol' "Get 500 BB for the next limit and then move up" slow and steady plan, or did you mix the two? When and why did you choose one path over another?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How important was taking "shots" in your early career?

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never took shots, but wish I had been more daring.

[ QUOTE ]
What advice would you give someone that is a bankroll nit at the 2/4-5/10 level that plays for side-income and just keeps cashing out everything over 1000bb each month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scout out something a little bigger and take a shot at it one night when the game is good.

[ QUOTE ]
I have watched Stox video's , how would you compare your style to Stox?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't knowingly played vs Stox in a year or two, but as of then, I think he played a lot more passively than me, but was very conscientious of his image and put it to use in good ways.
Closed Thread