Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Default FULL TILT VS POKERSTARS

Hey,

my question goes to the random cards. Which system is more random ? Or they use the same randomizer to mix up their cards ?

Which site is the better one. I play on Stars but I actually done with it. Maybe the reason is I lose to much but I will try maybe another side...

Do you have any hints for a Cashgame player who wants to learn the game from the bottom to the top ?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: FULL TILT VS POKERSTARS

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any hints for a Cashgame player who wants to learn the game from the bottom to the top ?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Read a lot (here & books)
-Practice a lot
-Review your sessions religiously
-Post on here a lot
-Stop blaming online random number generators for your losses. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 PM

As far as I've read; each card room uses a different randomisation algorithm to "shuffle" the cards but I wouldn't say, even with that, that one is "more random" than another.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Stop blaming online random number generators for your losses. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The best hint but I would say the hardest to accept. But I have to say I need to change the location and fulltilt is the best answere for me. Maybe I come back to Pokerstars but not yet and with my next deposit...
Old 07-20-2007, 09:57 PM

There's not a difference. Bad beats happen all the time that's why you try and only play a few hands instead of as many hands as possible. The more hands you play the more bad beats you get.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:29 AM

Poker Stars is set up so that more people bet big, so they will earn on the rake. All you have to do is make sure you have better than average cards to win!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:42 AM

just email stars and ask them for a nonrigged account, H@llingol on stars did that and right after that he started winning
Old 07-21-2007, 03:49 AM

are you serious?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:15 AM

If you want a smaller stakes game / play to learn I wouldn't join FTP.
Smallest games are .05/.10
Not sure who else has them but UB has .01/.02. .50 SNGs/etc.
Not endorsing the site, but it's a thought.(I do play there. It's OK...I did like FT's software better, but I got one of those darn rigged accounts.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just email stars and ask them for a nonrigged account, H@llingol on stars did that and right after that he started winning

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the story and its a very funny one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am not a total newbee. Have some experience of 1,5 Yeahr playing. Read several books, articels, read and reread books twice or three times.

I have to say that most of the time it is not difficult to play the hands you've got. It is something automatic. The really big problem I am working on is my ability to read the hands of the others and Emotional control.

I want to get away from Pokerstars because I got very hard suck outs or something like that. Sometimes I made wrong reads and payed big.

I know that Full Tilt is full of suck outs too. I am online a NL2/NL5/NL10 Player but I cant beat any of them. In live play, you have to be more cautious, but I play better and successfully on NL50 Game.

I need to chance my mind with a new deposit. I know FT starts with NL10 and PS is much smaller but I give FT a try...