Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Flipaments 2:30 Eastern

Buscali20 takes round 1 holla
Old 09-03-2007, 02:41 AM

3 1st round byes, is that running good?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:48 AM

These guys are folding in a flipament... IP ban plz.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:51 AM

Ring flips are not a good idea. One table always delays to get closer to making the money, and that stuff at the FT was just ridiculous. They walked twice because mlagoo wasn't in, but by doing so they gave one player a 30 chip advantage over another player, and of course the player with the 30 chip disadvantage finished 4th and out of the money.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:52 AM

who is alex whatever his name was and whats the full sn and location? I'm shipping $21 of my $42 for the FT fiasco stuff
Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 AM

Yes please no more ring flipaments. The only time they sort of work is when they're hi/lo because of the split pots.

Also I was sure I was the big winner of the night with two firsts and a third, but that damn Joivial Gent snuck past me by like $20 with that last win...
Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ring flips are not a good idea. One table always delays to get closer to making the money, and that stuff at the FT was just ridiculous. They walked twice because mlagoo wasn't in, but by doing so they gave one player a 30 chip advantage over another player, and of course the player with the 30 chip disadvantage finished 4th and out of the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

this defintiely sucked, but it seemed like it had to be better than the alternative, which was having them get allin twice in a row so that i was basically guaranteed second or better.

but yeah, looks like full ring flips dont work too well.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this defintiely sucked, but it seemed like it had to be better than the alternative, which was having them get allin twice in a row so that i was basically guaranteed second or better.

but yeah, looks like full ring flips dont work too well.

[/ QUOTE ]

By folding and then letting you push, it puts Alex (I think that was his name) at almost as much of a disadvantage as you had an advantage from coming in during the blinds. I mentioned this in chat. After the first fold, the best thing would have been to fold 3 times so that Alex guy (I think that was his name) didn't get screwed. When it was on Alex's BB, you pushed, so at that point everyone had to.

At prior flips everyone has just pushed without waiting for others to get in. Basically by pushing the first hand, you were at a huge advantage, but it's built into the system. By waiting for you to get in, then you pushing, it put Alex at a huge disadvantage. If you had waited one more hand it would have been the most "fair" thing.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:24 AM

yeah, that makes sense. whoops =/

if you guys want, post your screennames (i forget now) and ill ship 3rd/4th a tenball to try and square things up
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, that makes sense. whoops =/

if you guys want, post your screennames (i forget now) and ill ship 3rd/4th a tenball to try and square things up

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob really, from your perspective you just pushed on the first hand available, and their goal was to get you into the flip anyway, so no intentional harm done. Consider it a theory of fair ring flips post [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Move topic to poker theory plz.