Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Is this a good board to Stop\'n\'Go?

Not sure if this is the best line to take. Villian seemed kinda weak. No substantial reads other than stats: 32/5/2.5 over 70 hands.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($39.44)
SB ($97.60)
BB ($116.60)
Hero ($151.70)
MP ($116.60)
CO ($123.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($40.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>,
Old 07-09-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Is this a good board to Stop\'n\'Go?

I prefer 3b'ing flop to this line... get more money in while we have more equity.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:04 AM

Minraises are tough to read. Could be villain caught small piece of board, has a great hand, or has air and wants to see how you respond. I don't think the 1/2 pot bet is the way to go on the turn. Look at the 3 scenarios:

Villain had small piece of board on flop:
He's likely to call your small turn bet so you just put more money in the pot when behind. Unless you're planning on firing a barrel on the river if you miss I don't think this is a good option. Plus villain probably would check behind if you check here so you're likely to get a free card.

Villain has monster/air:
Your small turn bet invites a raise which probably would price you out of your draw, the last thing you want to happen. In this case if you're gonna lead out on the turn I'd bet something like 3/4 pot so its much less likely he'll try to bluff you out. If he raises you can throw away your hand.

There are a lot of ways to play this, but I think my default line would be to 3bet the flop. Stop n Go isn't bad to mix it up but I would defintely bet a little bigger if you want to do it.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:15 AM

3 bet the flop, I think you will get a fold a lot of the time.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM

Def 3-bet flop, you have tons of FE and could easily be a favourite if called.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM

yeh i definately 3-bet the flop/looking to get it all in. The problem you face if you just flat call his raise is what to do if you miss on the turn. I don't really like making the 1/2 pot sized bet as any player paying attention will see this bet exactly for what it is and likely push. there also hardly any fold equity with that type of bet and he will only fold if he min raised you with total air. so your just really putting mroe money in the pot as an underdog and not giving him any chance to fold
Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 AM

How should the 3Betsize be and if he calls push turn?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How should the 3Betsize be and if he calls push turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i would make it around $55-60. the one thing I hate in this spot is when they just call your 3bet and you miss on the turn, so I would make it enough that they know for sure that calling this bet will commit them. only the total donks seem to call leavign $25 behind in a huge pot
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 AM

3bet to 50-55, shove the turn if he calls. you have plenty of folding equity here.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:29 AM

i agree i think a very aggressive approach is needed here. aswell as your club outs i imagine your Ace and Q will win it for you to so jam the pot on the flop imo.