Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Homosexual Aces hand. 3 6 deepish

I think you should fold to the turn raise. His line looks extremely strong with that player description.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM

baluga,

yea I've represented nothing (AK i guess) with my flop check. you say he could be playing back at me on the turn with nothing because of that. how many hands are in his range though that would even play back at this point? AK is the only non pair hand i see him involved with here after the preflop action and i doubt he goes for the delayed bluff raise on the turn with it...right?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed a new tendency (was thinking to open a thread about it) that's becoming popular among donks (30/5 and above), usually in middle limits.
When they don't have anything, and they perceive (right or wrong) that you're leading turn after checking flop with the intention of stealing the pot, they play back.... minraising you.

It happened to me quite often, and while in the beginning I always folded even TPGK (feeling valuetowned), then I started calling the bet and then checking river allowing the donk to bluff again. They can't accept that you check flop holding something, they just think you missed and don't wanna be pushed off with A high.

This one seems pretty much the case... I hope you called and villain showed AJ or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

slim,

there's a big difference between a donk miniraising my 45 dollar cbet and a donk miniraising my 235 dollar cbet...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed a new tendency (was thinking to open a thread about it) that's becoming popular among donks (30/5 and above), usually in middle limits.
When they don't have anything, and they perceive (right or wrong) that you're leading turn after checking flop with the intention of stealing the pot, they play back.... minraising you.

It happened to me quite often, and while in the beginning I always folded even TPGK (feeling valuetowned), then I started calling the bet and then checking river allowing the donk to bluff again. They can't accept that you check flop holding something, they just think you missed and don't wanna be pushed off with A high.

This one seems pretty much the case... I hope you called and villain showed AJ or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur not the only one to experience this. i think baluga-theorem must have been printed on every major newspaper in the world.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 AM

guess nothing productive on this hand is getting done. apparently me and hatt are the only ones who want to fold here. I literally timed down to zero and called the turn raise.

yes, i folded the river getting 4:1
Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slim,

there's a big difference between a donk miniraising my 45 dollar cbet and a donk miniraising my 235 dollar cbet...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but in my post I meant checking flop after 3 betting PF, so I didn't mean the 45$ c-bets.

Miniraising turn lead in reraised pots (even if it's a 200$ lead) is the new uberdonks' way of "catching your bluff"...

Basically here villain's representing QQ (maybe 99, slight chance), nothing else, and I don't believe him. Even if folding here is not so bad, I'd have called. I'm a calling station tho [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 AM

i thought on the river for a bit, then typed, "should i fold?" and he was like "yea you should fold"

so i insta folded obv. works everytime
Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought on the river for a bit, then typed, "should i fold?" and he was like "yea you should fold"

so i insta folded obv. works everytime

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know ;-)