Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Turn play

SB is a bit nutso - 53/29/2 - 228 hands, His check here means he hasn't got much I expect him to bet either an A or K here, but it's rly BB the one I'm not sure about.

BB is unknown

$5/$10 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero?

Just take the free card &amp; be happy?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Turn play

I'd be tempted to bet.

Sure SB might be on a stupid screwplay or Kx but it sure looks like he has a pp lower than K. BB doesnt have much either apparently.

The pot is somewhat big. By no means huge but if you get called its a fairly cheap semibluff as you have so many outs to what is basically the nuts. If you get 2 calls your bet is free. If you get 1 call and dont win a SD UI you bet will cost you about 1/3BB.

I'd say its worth it.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 AM

free carddddddd
Old 11-01-2007, 10:54 AM

i take free. i don't think you are good fold equity against BB on average (but it's unknow maybe is dumb!).
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be tempted to bet.

Sure SB might be on a stupid screwplay or Kx but it sure looks like he has a pp lower than K. BB doesnt have much either apparently.

The pot is somewhat big. By no means huge but if you get called its a fairly cheap semibluff as you have so many outs to what is basically the nuts. If you get 2 calls your bet is free. If you get 1 call and dont win a SD UI you bet will cost you about 1/3BB.

I'd say its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB cold called and then peeled on that flop. You hold some of the gutshot cards so that makes it more likely he has an A or a K. Just take the free card.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

I take a free card here as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:46 PM

i take the free card
Old 11-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Grunch:

I don't see much point in betting on that board against two players. If it was HU with SB then maybe, but here just check and hope you hit your hand.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be tempted to bet.

I'd say its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say we have around 14 outs, so the semi bluf seems almost free but you lose 1/3 BB with one fold and probably 4/3 with a c/r (not very unlikely imo). But there is another problem you lose you implied odds by betting. If sb has kx or a pp you lose at least 1 BB on the river if you hit because if you bet the turn, he don't bet the river and you can't raise.

There is 6BB in the pot, you win 0.4BB if it works 10% of the time, not enough imo. Moreover if you win the pot on the turn it means very often you had the best hand anyway.