Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-08-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Fuper - AQs Weird Hand

rereading it maybe i didn't explain myself that well, lets hear your interpretation of the hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 AM

I'd shove the turn. I don't see UTG+2 playing anything that beats us like this, so I'm going to assume we have have him beat. If he has AA-JJ, meh good for him. MP2 could have flopped a set I suppose, but I mean wtf is up w/ that bet sizing? Looks more like a AJs, KQs making a stupid probe bet. Kwob20 could have KTs or T9s or even something like AT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but I'd think w/ our stacksize and the size of the pot you should to get it in here.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 AM

Maybe I'm an uber nit, but does anyone consider folding the flop?

1. We are out of position against two players who have shown they are willing to play the hand

2. The action preflop was crazy, although this maybe indicitive of some real donkeyness, even donkeys get hands sometimes, and there is so much action I'd be suprised if one of the players didn't have JJ+, in which case we are pretty screwed here. Not all the players have that deep stacks, so they can't all be playing speculative hands with good implied odds.

3. We aren't very deep, and the pot is pretty big right now, so we are pretty much committed fi we call, and OOP we certainly dont have enough chips to get enough info to fold later in the hand.

As played, I don't think that turn really helps us that much. the only hand it helps us beat is KK, so I'm not sure why everyone now thinks we should be raising.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM

I like your line throughout the hand so far and I think it is just one of those sick situations where you can't really do much else but get your stack in there. I think you are beat but I also can't see myself folding in this spot. You might not even have the second best hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 AM

I like a pre shove even though the small 3-bet of course is a bit scary, but if he has a big hand you dont lose much in cEV with the overlay from the other players unless he has aces.

as played I dont like the c/c and prefer just c/f'ing or c/r all-in (possibly getting a split to fold).
Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 PM

I also don't like the flop call. However, if we call the flop and then this ace hits, why would even consider not getting to the river/getting it all in? I mean, what were we looking for on the turn if we are calling the flop?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Does anyone besides me consider CRAI on this flop? The pot is huge at that point and nobody is really showing a lot of strength.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:43 PM

im just learning..... but does ne1 lead the flop here?