Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Table Break Procedure Question

This happened to me a little more than a year ago at the Venetian and I just thought to ask about it now:

I was playing at the only running 6/12 table, and it broke. Usually, when your table breaks, the floor will put you at the top of the list for the game you were playing. However, this was not viable, as there were no 6/12 tables open after ours broke.

I asked the floor to put me at the top of the 3/6 list, which was about six names long with 2 or 3 tables going. He refused, saying they could only put me at the top of a list for the same game. I responded that they should accommodate me with a similar game because the same game was not running, but he did not agree. I didn't want to wait, so I left.

Obviously this is not a terribly common situation (I've never been in it again). Would it be standard to accommodate or refuse my request here?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Table Break Procedure Question

It would not be standard for you get moved to the top the list for another game.

For one thing this would encourage people to break games to get to the top of a long list.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Table Break Procedure Question

[ QUOTE ]
It would not be standard for you get moved to the top the list for another game.

For one thing this would encourage people to break games to get to the top of a long list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fair point. Thanks.