Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Dell 9200 battery stops charging?

I have pretty much never used my dell inspiron 9200 not plugged in. All of a sudden the battery just decided to stop working and im getting the blinking orange light and its not charging. Its about 2 yrs old. I was playing a pc game and the laptop suddenly overheated (never happened b4) and the battery fried. I checked and the battery was not the source of heat nor is it one recalled.

Short of buying a new battery is there anything I can do?

-JP
Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Dell 9200 battery stops charging?

Yah I used to work For Hp as a Lap top Tech Agent - the Battery should Be taken If your Only Using it Plugged in - As LapTops will Use the Battery Power Over the Plug-in- Power-it just keeps charging the Battery -when in Idle -Stand Bye.. Etc-If your Battery is over a Yr old - thats about the end of your warrenty and your Battery life - unless you have extended -
GL
Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM

I'm sorry that I have nothing more to add to this thread but SuperNooB you have the strangest use of capital letters within a sentence I have ever seen.lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can hardly read your posts because of the weird structure and capital letters. And this is coming from one of the most non-grammatical hicks in the backwoods of East Tx. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 02:26 AM

LOL I will try to do better its late -Sorry
Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry that I have nothing more to add to this thread but SuperNooB you have the strangest use of capital letters within a sentence I have ever seen.lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can hardly read your posts because of the weird structure and capital letters. And this is coming from one of the most non-grammatical hicks in the backwoods of East Tx. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me crack up..
OP...

Go to dell site and find their chat system I talked to them when my laptop similiar age had similiar problems.. I was getting an hour of use with dual batteries and the orange flashing lights..

They sent me a new one ThE nExT daY
Old 03-16-2007, 12:05 PM

LOL! It was late, I had just finished up at my home poker game and I couldn't resist. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have pretty much never used my dell inspiron 9200 not plugged in. All of a sudden the battery just decided to stop working and im getting the blinking orange light and its not charging. Its about 2 yrs old. I was playing a pc game and the laptop suddenly overheated (never happened b4) and the battery fried. I checked and the battery was not the source of heat nor is it one recalled.

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your battery charge when it's plugged in?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your battery charge when it's plugged in?

[/ QUOTE ]

nopes.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 PM

Do you use the original AC adapter? Dell uses a proprietary AC adapter that the battery will not charge without a Dell AC adapter. I recently had to replace my AC adapter.