Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Travel tips.

[ QUOTE ]
It this true? The only consistently obvious price difference I've observed involves a Saturday overnight stay. I've never noticed price discrimination between flying on Mon or Tues. This logic also totally flies in the face of charging a premium for business passengers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true. Airlines have a much more difficult time filling planes on Tuesday, Wednesday (to a lesser extent), and Saturday - to the point that there are specific fares filed only applicable on those days, usually with a 14 or 21 day advance purchase requirement to avoid impacting business travel.

-d
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Travel tips.

[ QUOTE ]

I usually just 'sigh' at them condescendingly. It lets them know how superior I am in a passive/aggresive manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously the best approach. I also like to make sure to use my bins to subetly push theirs forward. And WTF is up with people who put EVERYTHING in a bin?? Do your shoes really need a separate bin to protect them from getting xrayed? Obviously the people behind you don't need the bins, so probably you should put each shoe in their own container. And how do you make it to the front of security without figuring out you can't bring liquids/knives/loaded guns onbard? Or, if EVERYONE else in line is taking off their shoes and xraying them, wouldn't it be a safe assumption to guess you also need to do the same?

Here's my tip: Google search for kayak, it searches across several travel websites, i book most of my business travel that way.