Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you smoke?
never / quit 27 39.13%
occasionally (about 1 pack / week or less) 18 26.09%
frequently - half pack a day or 2-3 packs per week 10 14.49%
a lot - more than half a pack per day, every day 14 20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Home Fries or Hash Browns

Alex,

I love mashed, but I have to disagree. A big bag of hash browns, 2 cups cheddar, like half a cup of sour cream and some seasonings mixed together with crushed corn flakes on top and baked in the oven in a casserol dish is pretty hard to compete against. This doesn't really fall under real hash browns imo though, as it just ends up being cheesy potatoes.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
home fries are the cut up real potatoes you get at breakfast that are cut there in the restaurant and cooked on the grill.

hash browns are the stringy things sometimes made locally but most times made in some giant plant in a city and dowsed in chemicals so as to keep their color and fresh look.

i go for home fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at thinking home fries are fresher than hash browns. If you're restaurant makes fresh home fries, it probably makes fresh hash browns, too.

Hash browns are clearly better because they're more versatile.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 AM

You guys are making this into a Republican/Democrat or dog/cat thing, which is lame. Both are yummy when prepared well, and it's fine to like both. I just happen to prefer properly prepared home fries over hash browns.

This also does not correlate well to "OOT as in shoot" vs. oh-oh-tee, because obviously oh-oh-tee is correct and "OOT as in shoot" is for tards and Canadians and unlike this potato debate one answer is far superior to the other.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously oh-oh-tee is correct and "OOT as in shoot" is for tards and Canadians and unlike this potato debate one answer is far superior to the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're right you're right.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM

A large majority of hash browns are undercooked. (Sucks for you, but good for me 'cause then I have no desire to eat them.)

A breakfast restaurant that makes excellent crispy hash browns is a treasure to be coveted. (Anyone can make an egg. Hash browns are an art form. BTW, most Perkins hash browns suck.)

Some people use pre-cooked potatoes, (baked, chilled, then grated or shreds boiled for five minutes then drained completely), so all you're really doing is worrying about getting the crispy when frying.

We ate at a new steak restaurant last night with home made hash browns. I'm happy to report they were crispy and delicious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also the Oceannaire in Mpls. makes a good crispy hash brown with tabasco.

The only home fries I've ever found amazing are my Mom's home made fried potatoes, another art form that I'm pretty sure I'll never duplicate.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
home fries are the cut up real potatoes you get at breakfast that are cut there in the restaurant and cooked on the grill.

hash browns are the stringy things sometimes made locally but most times made in some giant plant in a city and dowsed in chemicals so as to keep their color and fresh look.

i go for home fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at thinking home fries are fresher than hash browns. If you're restaurant makes fresh home fries, it probably makes fresh hash browns, too.

Hash browns are clearly better because they're more versatile.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at thinking ray zee doesn't know what he eats
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 PM

I'm going out to breakfast now because of this post