Default 3/6 Kinda weird 4-Bet-Hand

Party Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $701.17
CO: $110
BTN: $582
SB: $1,372.90
Hero (BB): $651

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $21</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $71</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $230</font>, BTN calls $209, SB folds

Flop: ($531) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($531) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($531) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $421 and is All-In</font>

BU is Maxdrugs, pretty bad reg, 32/18/1.5. Minraises a ton pre, openlimps in the SB w hands like J6o etc. I´ve never seen him CCing like that fwiw
Sb was canolieater, just played the first time w him, he was runnin at 25/20 over the first hundred hands.

I think they both had the impression, that I was tilting a bit (which i was, tbh) due to the last few pots I lost. The hands before I raised/3-bet alot (4-bet should be smaller, I know)

Good/bad/ugly, just check it down?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Kinda weird 4-Bet-Hand

I think your shove is fine, pretty sure hes not checking the turn behind with a hand ahead of yours. He might call you with JJ, who knows...your almost always good here so let him make the decision to call off with whatever he has.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:19 PM

with this image, i think preflop is really bad

further and with your image again, i'd just stick it in on the flop and hope getting called by JJ TT blabla
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM

I prefer shoving the flop like TomChan said. If he is calling your 4bet leaving less than a potsize bet behind we've got to assume he will call with 99-JJ on a Qhigh flop. You dont want to miss any value if a K or an A comes off and Im assuming you're not folding at any point so get it in.

edit: fwiw I think he is more likely to call your AI on the flop with a hand we beat than on the river. River looks like a slowplayed QQ-AA imo.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM

i think its much more likely you get called by a hand you beat by shoving the flop.. playing the hand like this doesnt really look that bluffy.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think its much more likely you get called by a hand you beat by shoving the flop.. playing the hand like this doesnt really look that bluffy.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't? by him checking flop and turn it should narrow villain's range considerably. when your 4 bet gets called, that usually means villain is incredibly strong.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't? by him checking flop and turn it should narrow villain's range considerably. when your 4 bet gets called, that usually means villain is incredibly strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that villain is likely to be very strong here, but if we are going to 4bet AQ we're not folding when we hit TPTK so taking that into account, the best way to get villain to call with worse is to shove flop looking like a missed AK. Checking it down to the river and then shoving really looks like we were trying to induce a bet the whole time. If we actually had AK and intended to take a stab at this pot rather than c/f we would have done it on the flop.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that villain is likely to be very strong here, but if we are going to 4bet AQ we're not folding when we hit TPTK so taking that into account, the best way to get villain to call with worse is to shove flop looking like a missed AK. Checking it down to the river and then shoving really looks like we were trying to induce a bet the whole time. If we actually had AK and intended to take a stab at this pot rather than c/f we would have done it on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe people don't give up in 4 bet pots enough. since everyone puts everyone on AK when they 4 bet. unless he is calling with any random two or misclicked or is a giant fish, he's calling flop.

not 100% cool w/ the flop check but at least now he's 10000% sure he's going for value here.