Parker @ CHI 1 8.33%
Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
Well the Red Sox should be a solid favorite in game 5 and then you're right, it's two games in Fenway.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid favorite on the field? or solid betting favorite? because you guys and the yankees fans have made me a small micro-stakes fortune betting your boys up every game...

and kyro is a true fan. how stacked is boston sports nowadays??
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

that's all that's been going through my head all day, AND WE'RE UP 3-1!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took it to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia. I'm taking em one at a time and the Red Sox IMO are solid favorites in game 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure the Tribe is favored in Game 5 either but you can make a good argument. CC is not notably worse than Beckett (better in many areas in fact), Tribe is hitting very well, and they are at home.

All I know for sure is that as a lifelong Indians fan (I'm 37) the fact that we have a longserving, Cy Young caliber pitcher starting a clinching game at home to go to World Series is totally unbelievably awesome. For CC's sake and mine, I hope he is lights freaking out.

KJS
Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 PM

kjs...i'm 'only' 28, but i'm with you.

however wary..
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM

I believe Peralta's first name is intentional so that you'd pronounce the name "Johnny" in Spanish.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL DUSTIN FRAUDROIA HAHA LOOK AT ME IM SO CLEVER

[/ QUOTE ]

....QFT hahaha. Maybe Pedroia should worry less about slapping mitts and more about NOT GROUNDING OUT WEEKLY TO THIRD BASE EVERY SINGLE AT BAT AARRGRGGHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been grounding out more often than once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure one thing all us 2p2ers can appreciate is obscene nittiness...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard on the radio a little while ago that the Sox had an optional workout and 4 guys didnt show. Paplebon, Ortiz, Crisp and Drew. I can live with Paplebon and Ortiz but how the [censored] do Drew and Crisp not even show. Absolutely pathetic if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have no problem if Drew and Crisp went out and got [censored] faced today. It will have no bearing on tomorrows game, might even help, who knows.

Let's just win one game tomorrow night and get this thing back to Fenway. If that happens, a little of the pressure shifts back to Cleveland.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Manny is so ghey. Hey dude you're losing by 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's the attitude Manny has. But, he did look stupid doing his pose when the team is losing badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think he's very bright when it comes to this stuff. The first time he did it it was so awesome due to the moment it occurred and what a monster blast it was. He's done it after each HR since and he's looked a little more dumb each time. He probably thinks everyone thinks it's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, reminds me off a touchdown celebration when I get guys all excited in the third quarter cause his touchdown changed the score from 49-14 to 49-21.....Manny's not selfish, but he needs a PR person to tell him he's looking like a selfish prima-dona when he does this.

As I said before, if this wasn't the playoffs, he'd get one in the ribs next AB.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:17 PM

He got interviewed today, a rarity. The media is all bent out of shape because he said it was no big deal if they lost, that they would just come back and try to win it again next year. If you strictly just took his words verbatim, it sounds like he doesn't care but what i got out of what he was trying to say was that there was no way he was going to feel any pressure.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Red Sox fans. It's nice to see a team with a bunch of classless punks go down in flames. WTF is up with Manny?! I mean, really...anyone else wish to see a midget run up and kick him in the nuts when he stands there like he's parting the f&cking Red Sea? I do.

This team is full of players that nobody outside of Boston can root for. That team is no different than the Yankees. I take pleasure in both teams crashing and burning.

LIFE IS GOOD!!! GO C.C.!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a pretty stupid post. Manny is like a little kid that is just so happy with himself when he hits a home run. I can understand not liking Drew and Schilling but calling the entire team "classless punks" is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, I should clarify for those viewing through Beantown goggles.

Coco Crisp...his name is Coco for Pete's sake.
Mike Lowell...ehh, he's meh...
Pedroia...nice A-Rod impression there, Gritty McGrit.
Drew...nobody likes this smug jagoff. lol.
Varitek..."look at me, I'm 'Captain Tek'" Tool.
Youkilis...the dude wiggles his ass when batting. I mean...wiggles his ass. If he was on some small market team he'd just be a rare ass-wiggling Jewish baseball player (in other words non-descript) but because he's on Boston he's "GREEK GOD OF WALKS ZOMG"
Julio Lugo...dude knocks in 80 ribbies just because he's on Boston, plus he's a wife-beater. What's to like?
Ortiz...fat guy, doesn't care to learn English.
Ramirez...suddenly thinks he's parting the Red Sea after every homerun!? Freaking bum man. Cut your hair.
Mirabelli...Dude has a job because he catches a knuckleball...
Ellsbury...makes a couple great plays in first week in Majors and suddenly ESPN plasters his face all over my TV.
Kielty...no problem with him.
Cora...no problem with him.
Beckett...meh...he's just ultra-cocky. Fine. He gets a 5-year pass for stuffing it down NYY throats in '03.
DICE-K! Hey, cool nickname fella! You "K" guys...and...your name sounds like "Dice", so we'll call you DICE-K! Isn't that neat? You also apparently won the Nobel Prize for inventing the Gyroball or something. Neat.
Schilling...I don't hate him as much as most do. Again, he gets a pass for stuffing the Yanks in '01.
Wakefield...meh, whatever...forgettable.
Lester...fine, beat cancer, he's cool with me. I felt for him.
Timlin....blah..whatevs.
Okajima...seems fine so far. Nothing to hate.
Papelbon...Hate his stupid open-mouth stare they plaster on my TV. Hate his lame Lord of the Dance thing or whatever the hell that is on Jurollo's avatar. Needs face punched. Apparently he can walk on water or something.
DElcarmen...not sure/seems like a great reliever.
Gagne...I have no problem with him.

Sure, these are very petty reasons to "hate" a team, but baseball fans are petty and I'm no different. I'm sorry, I just can't root for this gaggle of hoosiers.

I get that you might live in Boston or whatever and you grew up with this team and they are your team and you have unwavering loyalty, but those who have no connections to Boston really have nothing to root for when watching.

Hey, get back at me, tell me the Astros are playing golf right now. You would probably be right.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 PM

You put a lot of effort into that, lol.