Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

What exactly would Scott Tom, or whoever accused in this thing, gain from not making a single comment to clear his/their name at least once? Is there one chance that Scott Tom isn't aware of what's is going on (about as likely as Potripper's run would be without cheating)?

If my name was plastered all over forums and the media, I would definetly come up with something to clear myself. Unless I was guilty of something very bad and knew I had no way out.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM

Ok, but what kind of last name is Tom? Probably just one truncate from something else?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Dont you guys think that after absolute poker lanch "absolute 8.0" that all of the scam started? And maybe the Kahnawake Gaming comissions not have look up the new sofware? Maybe it was a big hole in the software and some hacker did see that?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you guys think that after absolute poker lanch "absolute 8.0" that all of the scam started?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it started before, read the thread while you're banned for a day for not reading the thread
Old 10-20-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About that Absolute Ad banner, pokerpages may be telling the truth. 2+2 had a couple ads that said Absolute Poker, but actually belonged to affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. This could have been determined by copying the URL of the ad (would have included a referrer querystring), but I think it's down now, so probably too late.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not down. And:

Full URL of the link: http://news.pokerpages.com/ballyhoo/adcl...77a_24903b_1384

[/ QUOTE ]
This is actually interesting.

Breakdown:

http://news.pokerpages.com/ballyhoo/adclick.php

Ok, this is the first part of the URL; this is pretty standard stuff, and leads to a php script that handles ad referrals.

?bannerid=3518&zoneid=0&source=&dest=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.absolutepoker.com%2Fmain.asp%3Fhos t%3Da_77a_24903b_1384

This is the interesting part. Look at the 'dest=' part. The adclick.php page is instructed to go to www.absolutepoker.com/main.php with an additional "host" querystring attached (a_77a_24903b_1384). Whether the "host" querystring indicates an affiliate behind the ad, or a way for AP to know where the referral came from, is hard for me to tell. But I'm sure it's something that can be found out...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Crippling / exposing / taking out AP is not bad for online poker. Letting them get away with it is bad.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crippling / exposing / taking out AP is not bad for online poker. Letting them get away with it is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv letting them get away is bad. i'm talking about long term damage to the reputation of online poker as a whole.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When can the law get involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you aren't the first or hundredth person to ask this kinda ridiculous question, so let me ask you one in return:

You've got 90% of the facts that we do and more apparent willingness to go waste a whole bunch of time talking to police of unknown effectiveness in multiple countries in different languages than I do, so why not take the lead and do something about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're getting overly bitchy about what seems like a pretty straightforward question. I'm fairly ignorant of the law, particularly when applied to tribal gaming commissions, and there are some actual lawyers here, obviously, that might know these things better than I.

I guess I'm just puzzled about what further work along these channels is going to accomplish. (EDIT: That is, if talking to police is going to be a waste of time, then what isn't going to be a waste of time? If AP giving a full confession is the only way they go down at this point, then I think there are problems.)
Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you guys think that after absolute poker lanch "absolute 8.0" that all of the scam started?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it started before, read the thread while you're banned for a day for not reading the thread

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Do you think Absolute could have stonewalled this without the extra info sent out in the document? (IPs emails and everybody's cards) Just wondering, plz don't ban me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/0BE7AAF6-...13DA8D83A.aspx

I received a phone call late last night from someone in the UB/AP system....

" What if the latest release from AP is all that they can give you?" "Are the people causing the most uproar over this going to risk killing online poker just to hang someone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it this way, Tom/AJ/whomever, since I know you're reading this: multiple senior executives at a company *blatantly* cheat their customers, cover it up four times by my count (not just the fact it was them, but the fact that it ever occurred), and then ask whether I'd personally be satisfied with coverup #5 in order to keep the heat off the game as a whole.

What the [censored] am I supposed to do here, guys? You tell me. You're presumably not completely braindead, so let me know at which point I'm supposed to stop calling for blood when I know you still have anything to do with operational control of the company holding lots of people's money. In this happy fun regulation-free ancap paradise world online poker belongs in, nobody's going to jail, but do you think you can possibly see your way around to my side of things, the one where this suggestion you're making is pretty [censored] hilarious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This - the question in the phone call you mention - is one of the most disturbing things I have read in these threads. Together with the fact that Absolute Poker in the last day has leaked half a dozen very unofficial mails etc about a forthcoming statement, it seems clear that they are in the process of painting themselves in a corner.

This reminds me quite a bit of political scandals, where the original incedent becomes trivial compared to the process of seeing a politician making up one lie worse than the other until his carreer is over.
Closed Thread