Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

If I had to distribute blame for the death of this child it would go like this.

55% parent of the child (at least)- why is your 13 year old overweight and taking medication. Then sheding 20 pounds while using spray tanner. Also a child that is 13 an emotionally unstable should not be having a "relationship" with 16 boys over the net. Her upbringing obv has something to do with her instability.

30% The child - she took the rope and hung it around her neck. ultimatley she was the one that decided to end her life. If this happened to 95% of the children in this country the result would not have been death.

15% to the retard family that started the MySpace account. These people are the most [censored] up but also the least to blame. They are obv terrible people but I doubt this was there intent. I think they should def have to pay some money to the family even tho $ cant bring your kid back, it does help a little.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM

I don't care about the blame game but one thing is certain: unless this family is even more retarded than they already appear, they're obviously moving, soon, and in Witness Protection Program style. Certainly stories of this made their way around the neighborhood but now that it's circling the globe it's gonna be bad times for them when inevitably their info is leaked and random people seek out vigilante justice on them, as even people in this thread have indicated being open to.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM

loltrickedu
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

30% The child - she took the rope and hung it around her neck. ultimatley she was the one that decided to end her life. If this happened to 95% of the children in this country the result would not have been death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem with this argument is that the "bully parents" didn't target some random kid. They knew that this girl had a problem with depression and was on medication. Their intent might not have been to drive her to suicide but it was definitely to hurt or scar her emotionally. And I have trouble seeing how two fully grown adults, who are parents no less, could overlook the girl's history and not anticipate that suicide was a very possible outcome. They had to know when they begun their little experiment that this could have happened and yet they continued anyway. I'm no lawyer so I won't debate the legality of the whole issue but I don't think there is any doubt that these people are straight evil. Ultimately it was the girl's decision, you are correct, but it is important to note that she wasn't emotionally stable and the parents couldn't possibly have overlooked that. (Unless people can really be that fundamentally retarded at that age.)
Old 11-14-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While what the other family did is just unthinkably mean, I don't think you can really blame them for the kid's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you [censored] serious?? Thats an unbelievably stupid statement....of course they are to blame for this girls death. They are adults, they willingly and knowingy [censored] with a 13 year old girl, who they knew had emotional problems, and 13 year old girls are emotional enough as it is. They [censored] with her in the worst way possible. They targeted an overweight girl with self esteem issues by pretending to be a hot boy and then snatching that away and embarrasing her in front of her entire peer group. They might not have been able to predict she would off her self, but they couldnt predict what an unstable girl would do in that situation, and they should have known that whatever her reaction it wouldnt have been healthy, and they are entirely responsible for whatever action she took.

Everyone on this forum goes to great lengths to talk about how child molesters are the lowest scum around, and how they should just be taken out and shot. Why is that?? Because their actions ruin the development and mental well being of an innocent child The child will forever be scarred from the incident, and we find it so reprehensible because as adults we cant fathom how another adult could willingly do that to someone who is completely defenseless against them.

This situation is no different. They mentally and emotionally raped that girl, and they damn well should have known better, and it is completely outrages to think whatever action that poor girl took isnt directly their fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for writing this out. If not, I would have had to be the person pointing out how igorant that statement was.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I try not to engage in amateur psychology debates, Alex, you're pretty off base in saying that the statement "food issues often come with depression" is backwards. It's probably more accurate to say it's cyclical, but as to which comes first, it's almost a chicken/egg debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Autocratic, your posts are starting to make me enjoy your posting for more reasons than your avatar.

AlexM is a grade-A troll who hasn't figured things out yet. That is my assumption, anyway. To say that depression results of being overweight and that it can't work the other way is silly in my mind. If you want to argue so strongly about it, I would love to see some data.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had to distribute blame for the death of this child it would go like this.

5% parent of the child (at least)- why is your 13 year old overweight and taking medication and using myspace.

10% The child - she took the rope and hung it around her neck.

85% to the retard family that started the MySpace account.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for writing this out. If not, I would have had to be the person pointing out how igorant that statement was.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, how ignorant to assume that people's actions are their own responsibility.

Seriously, wtf is going on in this thread. The stupid myspace parents are responsible for making a stupid choice that was intended to make the girl feel bad. It was retarded and cruel and immature. It led to that girl feeling severely depressed immediately after. But what she chose to do with that depression was completely her own doing and had nothing to do with the myspace family.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And for everyone talking about civil court etc. wtf do you know. Are you a lawyer? I took two intro level law classes at school and even from that little amount I know there is a least a decent chance of proving some type of causal liability. I distinctly remember a chain of reactions case study we did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a lawyer. I haven't said one work about a lawsuit.

The law is very inefficient when it comes to getting revenge.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To say that depression results of being overweight and that it can't work the other way is silly in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing I never said that.