Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Default JJ in the BB

Villain is 21/9.8/4.5 on 140 hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Should I be more timid ie c/c or b/f instead of b/c? Should I have been more worried about the ace? Spew?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: JJ in the BB

Villain's stats look pretty solid.

I think your key decision is on the flop. If you thought that your opponent was capable of raising with a smaller pair or flush draw, then you could call down.

However, I think its more likely that this opponent would not be raising a preflop raiser who c-bet the flop without an Ace.

So, I would fold to the flop raise.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 AM

this guy seems over aggro, or that could just means he plays 'fit or fold'.

Generally when HU &amp; u think someone is on a flush draw &amp; will not take a free card, it is better to call down (but in this situation if a 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits the river it's an obv fold).

Obv due to ur stop n go u put him on a draw, but soon as he re-raises u on the turn u rly should fold.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:34 AM

Villain actually had pocket eights. Would anyone think this was somewhat WA/WB situation?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain actually had pocket eights. Would anyone think this was somewhat WA/WB situation?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that if you're going to call the flop raise, you should just call the turn and river. With how agro Villain is, I think there is a better chance of picking off a bluff on the river than value betting and getting called by a worse pair (despite what happened). But if you're determined to get this to showdown, and it seemed that you were, you'd be best off limiting the number of bets going in, since flush draws usually don't give this kind of action, and the hands that do, i.e. Ax, are ahead of you.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh yeah now that you saw his hand. But wa/wb is about your hand vs a range of hands, which villain could hold. On this flop it is not wa/wb because he could be raising the flush draw, which, is not way behind. If you think it is wa/wb then you can call down. In your case, when you bet into villain on the turn and he raises, you should really fold. This behavior is not often a bluff.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Thanks for the replies so far, I posted 2 hands yesterday and especially this one was the one from all the hands I played yesterday where I was most confused and just knew I played it badly and wasn't thinking, but couldn't put my finger on it. What you guys are saying makes sense and is familiar to me (especially from SSHE) but the problem is applying the concepts when there is 15 seconds to make up your mind.

Well, I'll continue studying SSHE, this forum here, but I won't post a hand that often myself just not to p**s you off with clear-cut beginner's simple cases, but I'll try to grunch every now and then.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'll continue studying SSHE, this forum here, but I won't post a hand that often myself just not to p**s you off with clear-cut beginner's simple cases, but I'll try to grunch every now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulkis, this is the micros so no problem with posting hands like this if it is going to be helpful to you. As long as you are attempting to absorb the advice given, have a good attitude when receiving criticism and as long as your posts dont flood the front page then just post the hands you have issues with.

That being said, grunching and replying to others posts is definitely the right thing to do also and must be encouraged. So yeah, reply to other peoples hands as much as you dare (hehe) and dont feel bad about posting hands you hand problems with

ozi
Old 08-14-2007, 05:14 AM

Against a more "normal" villain folding to the flop raise might be an option but I don't like it against this guy. For the same reason I hate the turn donk; you really shouldn't make that bet if you can't fold to a raise. This guy is so aggro postflop I'd just call down and feel all right about it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM

Uklis, I would really like it if you could go through this hand post flop (or at least after being raised on the flop) and explain your thinking. My first reaction upon reading the hh was, "Why would you play a hand like this?" Maybe you have legitimate reasons for playing this way, maybe not, but if you type them out, not only will we be able to address your thought process, your own thoughts on the hand will become clearer.

-J