Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Default OESD - Tricky turn decision

I have no reads on any of the players at this table. This is the third hand for me at this table.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero?

I'm getting 4.3:1 on this call wich I consider quite marginal. A 9s or 9c, a As or Ac might not help. However, even if I cannot get the math right this is a call, right?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: OESD - Tricky turn decision

-You stand to make money on the river when you hit your straight
-You may win by pairing, particularly if it's a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:56 PM

You can't call this.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:59 PM

I would not call this. Probably at least one of your opponents already has a straight. In that case you would be drawing for a tie.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not call this. Probably at least one of your opponents already has a straight. In that case you would be drawing for a tie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] HUH? If someone already has a straight, then there is no way for the hero to draw to a split pot if he hits his straight. Hero has the nut straight draw and no one can chop w/ hero if they already have a made hand.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM

This is not even close to a call. To call this you need to be sure that you will collect 4 bets on the river.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not even close to a call. To call this you need to be sure that you will collect 4 bets on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I mean, I think it's a fold, but why four bets exactly?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM

Folding this is awful.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 AM

Seems to be a difference of opinion here among some experienced folks - I'd be interested to hear what we're putting sb and utg+1 on. I'd be inclined to think K and Q are worth at least partial outs, as well as the obvious nut outs.

OTOH, there are now two flush draws out there and several people to act behind, so even the nut outs are probably not full outs either? I would also be a little worried about those left to act, particularly if sb gets squirrely and re-raises.

I'm just thinking out loud here and definately in learning mode.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding this is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree, and raise preflop.

the flop checked around so it's very possible utg1 has just a J or T. and the flopped flush draw usually bets so you can only worry about the turned flush draw. call. sucks if it goes for more bets but it's pretty damn unlikely given the action. SB can only 3bet if he slowplayed the flop.

edit: i missed that SB pfr'd and checked the flop, which is somewhat bad because he might actually have a 3betting hand. but then if he does have one of those you're likely to go a lot of bets on the river (also dont forget that other players behind you will make horrid calls to pump up the pot before we see teh river).