Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 10-22-2006, 09:08 AM

Default flopped trips - meet agression

Mp2 is 64/0/1.0AF

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

The donk bet was a bit weird. No reads what he might donk bet with. Do you raise ?
Then he 3 bets. Im thinking of FH or that he has trips as well. I just call (?)

River: (13.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River is a standard ?

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 10-22-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: flopped trips - meet agression

Raise preflop here. You have a multi pot developing and you have a great multi pot hand. This hand plays differently if you raised preflop.

TWIWP:
Flop good

Turn is a cap and its not close....no draws have come in AND you picked up a FD as well. If he has a pair of 2s your screwed and exactly QJ or KQ. This is a smaller Q or he paired a J on the turn more times than not.

River i would call if bet to or bet if checked too.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:27 AM

I like how hero played this hand on every street. Slowing down on the turn is good after the 3bet. Do not fold river for one bet.

For preflop I prefer a call to a raise. QTs is a hand I like to get into a cheap multiway flop in late position, which is exactly what you got. That way I avoid overplaying a marginal hand and can let the hand go cheaply and easily on the flop if the flop is not really favorable.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:39 AM

I cap the turn. Do you fear JJ? If he has 22 so be it, most of the time it's a Q (most likely a weaker one) or a J.

BTW: "Mp2 is 64/0/1.0AF" -&gt; you should mention the sample size imo.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For preflop I prefer a call to a raise. QTs is a hand I like to get into a cheap multiway flop in late position, which is exactly what you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason for why you raise preflop to extend the value of your hand. QT has excellent top pair strength with limpers in front of you. As long as you don't over cook the action if you hit TP and get alot of resistance there is crazy value on a raise here. You also have to think of the dynamic of getting a freecard when checked to.

Suited broadway is strong, much stronger than unsuited. Make the limpers pay.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:09 PM

Good grief... I count ~19 outs on the turn! add in the times you're ahead (which is often) and you've got yourself some equity.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:25 PM

looks fine to me
Old 10-22-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good grief... I count ~19 outs on the turn! add in the times you're ahead (which is often) and you've got yourself some equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do we have 19 outs vs QJ?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For preflop I prefer a call to a raise. QTs is a hand I like to get into a cheap multiway flop in late position, which is exactly what you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason for why you raise preflop to extend the value of your hand. QT has excellent top pair strength with limpers in front of you. As long as you don't over cook the action if you hit TP and get alot of resistance there is crazy value on a raise here. You also have to think of the dynamic of getting a freecard when checked to.

Suited broadway is strong, much stronger than unsuited. Make the limpers pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with a pf raise here if your hand was a bit stronger, such as QJs.

QTs doesnt seem to be quite strong enough to me. Your potential top pair could quite reasonably be dominated by one of the limpers. Also you dont know before the flop, whether a subsequent "free card" on the flop will be useful to you or not.

QTs does have good flush and straight draw potential in a multiway pot, but is otherwise a somewhat medium strength starting hand imo.

So, I think I prefer OP's decision to call pf after the limpers, as opposed to raise.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if we're behind, a lot of these outs are chopping outs or we are drawing dead. I think it's just a calldown situation.