Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM

Default QQ OOP vs. semi compentant LAG.

I play in a home game every thursday at a local club. The crowd is usually local country club guys that have a deep pocket and don't have too much a clue when it comes to postflop or preflop 3 bets etc. They basically play their cards for what their worth, sometimes betting the same amount on each street, and bets are respected no matter what size they are. Very proffitable game and easily exploitable. This perticular hand really confused me though. The blinds are played 5-5 which causes for lots of action.

Villian and I have stack sizes around 1100 each.

as followed: HERO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG calls, Villian raises to 20, fold, fold, call, call, call, HERO raises to 90, BB folds, UTG fold, Villian repops to 200. Fold around to hero calls 110.

FLOP: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian bets 200...Hero??

This may seem elementary however the villian is really the only other winner week to week. He is too aggresive at points and showsdown a little weak but overall he is the second best player at the table. Waht throws me off is the 4 bet preflop, I have played in this game for a little over a year and I have NEVER seen it before. Can I really let this hand go or is that way too NITTY?? Is my best bet to lead the flop?? Or is folding OK since the other players are very bad??? Sorry for the longevity. any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: QQ OOP vs. semi compentant LAG.

I'd 3bet way more preflop to start, theres 115 in the pot when it gets to you so I'd make it closer to 200.

In a live game I don't think folding the flop as played would be that bad, because given your description of villain and his line, I think you see AA/KK here most of the time
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM

I agree... but OOP and in this game, I felt $90 pre was doing the same good as $150 while keeping the pot smaller
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree... but OOP and in this game, I felt $90 pre was doing the same good as $150 while keeping the pot smaller

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.