Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Stud hi call down with two pair

These hands are a leak of mine as well. I have a hard time mucking a live garbage hand like this, but when you don't you face this issue quite a bit.

Once you've played the hand, I probably play it the same way, and the vast majority of the time you will be shown a better hand at the end.

You could fold 5th, too. I always convince myself that they're raising two small pair. They rarely are, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

About the only other thing to try is to check-raise 4th, to try and thin the field a little, but that isn't going to work all that much either.

Folding third is the right answer. Sadly, I usually play it the same as you (as long as my hand is completely live).

I'm pretty good at sucking out on the river though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 PM

Thanks for all the answers.

Results: Villain had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check-fold or check-raise fourth, depending on who does the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is very important. if you think you are going to get lots of callers on 4th when you bet, then dont bet. even though you most probably have the best hand atm, your are not likely to end up with it. if a bet comes from a player behind you, you could check raise to thin the field. if a player bets and there are several/any callers, muck it. 2 small pair in a multiway pot in stud is bad stuff.

you save all this trouble by doing the best thing of all...folding 3rd.