Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: NL$200| Do I let drunkenboxer off the hook?

[ QUOTE ]

0_drunkenb0xer: What shall I do? Someone just 4 bet me?? Should I fold KK?
mario_jr: I don't know, let's look at our leader's strategy guide. Yep, it is on page 96, folding KK preflop if someone 4 bets me all in.
full_tilting: Don't do anything until I am back, click TIME. *Yelling from the washroom.*
0_drunkenb0xer: What to do? What to do? What to do? *Click TIME on all tables he is playing.*
0_drunkenb0xer: *Used up the all the time bank and was forced to fold*

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - 5 star =D =D
Old 11-28-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mario_jr: I don't know, let's look at our leader's strategy guide. Yep, it is on page 96, folding KK preflop if someone 4 bets me all in.
full_tilting: Don't do anything until I am back, click TIME. *Yelling from the washroom.*
0_drunkenb0xer: What to do? What to do? What to do? *Click TIME on all tables he is playing.*

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO - brilliant [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Worryingly accurate I suspect!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In some ways this relates to Renton's recent post about disguising hands with similar lines. If you shove, you are playing with your cards face up, which is never a good thing. If you call, you are now playing a range of hands, and letting doubt and uncertainty work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in theory. However, I probably only call with AA-KK here and QQ IF I'm willing to go broke on any board less than Q-high - I never call AK here. However, my shoving range is probably AA-KK+AK (note QQ is dropped). I've not done the maths (and can't be bothered) but if he knew that shoving range he might have to call with QQ and defo has to call KK. If this 4-betting routine continued I'd have to open up both those ranges of course.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In some ways this relates to Renton's recent post about disguising hands with similar lines. If you shove, you are playing with your cards face up, which is never a good thing. If you call, you are now playing a range of hands, and letting doubt and uncertainty work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

it only turns your hand face up in the minds of people that think ppl never felt worse than KK

if he 4bets AA, KK, QQ, AKs and only calls the shove with AA, you can shove lots of stuff

for example in this hand if you shove with 65s you lose $86 in ev each time he has AA, but gain a whopping $119 when he folds

therefore even if he 4bet range was KK+ you'd still be +EV to shove, vs the 4bet/call range there, you'd have an absolutely absurd EV of $63/hand with 65s

ironically 72o has an ev(shove) of $50
Old 11-28-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my shoving range is probably AA-KK+AK (note QQ is dropped). I've not done the maths (and can't be bothered) but if he knew that shoving range he might have to call with QQ and defo has to call KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

v funny bc its probably true...

as far as the hand goes...against drunkenboxer/mariojr/fulltilting, i would just call his 4 bet and get it in on practically every flop