Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

its funny.. but we here all the time that 6max is the most profitable.. us FR guys are nits.. yada yada.. we give good head to 6 max players.. we is all pussy etc.. looking at poker winnings i see FR players at the top. I like it.. also good to see we can top the losers list too.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol

if hes good he will recognize you doing this fairly quickly, then adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

This only serves to emphasis my point. He will adjust and then I'll have to re-adjust and so it continues. The only point I'm making is that whilst two good players war the fish are probably folding their trouble hands.

For example, say I'm in MP and raise AQs and a fish calls with A9o (as they do). Aggro-solid-reg (ASR) on BTN finds 99 and choses to squeeze the pot. I'll either 4-bet light or fold. Fish will almost certainly fold irrespective of the action. If I 4-bet light ASR will either fold or we'll end up in a flip situation for stacks.

What if ASR just calls and the flop comes:

A,5,6 or, 9,5,3 or A,9,4 or, or, or.... There are few ways ASR will stack me and vice versa (I'll not even stack off on the A94 flop vs ASR) but there are many, many ways that fish will stack off to one of us. He'll probably give most of his buy in to me on the first flop, most of it to ASR on the second flop and all of it to ASR on the third flop. Good regulars want this guy in the pot with us yet by attacking each other non-stop you just give them the information they need to fold hands we don't want them to fold. Cash game poker, and especially Full Ring, is a game where post-flop skill dominates and yet with 3-4 betting wars preflop between good regs you pretty much remove that from the game.

Perhaps you view fish's call as dead money that's there for the taking. However, I'm not so interested in taking 3.5bb off fish every now and again. I'd rather I get him stitched up for a 100bb pot a little less often and if you let him see flops with his dominated hands that will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this post explains it well.

No-one is talking about completely avoiding other regs (these battles can be fun and are certainly the hands that develop a players' game the most- in preparation for higher stakes), or colluding in any way.

It's just that at the $1/$2 tables, as least when I play the majority of my hands, there are so many poor players around that it is detrimental to <u>purposely target</u> other regs at the expense of the free money on offer.

This is just my view based on what I see at these tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

your opinion will change when you see most of the "regs" for the fish that they are.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your opinion will change when you see most of the "regs" for the fish that they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider myself to be fairly average but i find it profitable to target regs as their pattern of thinking follows logic. Its the [censored] fish that kill me. Some of the biggest regs are giving money away at 200nl, infact my biggest bitches are also regs, and like i said i am fairly average at this game. I feel much more comfortable making moves against regs than the fish.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM

First, I now filter my HUD to include only the last 3000 hands, as I find more regulars changing their play often (almost daily, or even ::gasp:: table specific). I just never thought this could happen while 12+ tabling.

Second, I find myself 4bet shoving poop draws OOP just to make a point and hopefully hit enough to make it only marginally -EV so that my real hands/shoves get looked up. I just think the aggression against aggressors has spiked exponentially in the past few months and I ask, "does it have to be like this?"

MP2 is GabyGabyy when he was playing 18/14 with a ridiculous AF by street of somethink like 7/5/5 (yes, over 3k hands). I was playing 13/9 or so.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP1 ($351.25)
MP2 ($200)
CO ($19.70)
Button ($369.20)
SB ($162.05)
BB ($200)
UTG ($192)
Hero ($197)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $7, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, MP2 calls $14.

Turn: ($45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $105</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $176 (All-In)</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $326

Keep this going, I enjoy other's opinions and the fairly recent evolution of the 13/12 regular. lol
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody isn't saying that the regulars aren't exploitable. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if Narena dropped from 16-tabling to 2-4 tabling he could totally expose my multi-tabling game and make money from me. However, playing 12+ tables whilst ensuring you value-town and don't bluff passive-fish and picking constant agro fights with regulars is just going to become messy. You can and will lose track of who's playing back, who seems to have started floating your 3-bets or 4-betting light, etc. Eventually you'll make a mistake and it'll be costly. I remember once at 6-max I 4-bet a super-nit very light because I mentally transposed him for a player that had been 3-betting the hell out of me on another table but the same seating position - I got stacked....by AA unsurprisingly!

Obviously if you are playing higher levels you have to have a different strategy as there are more 'regulars' than 'fish' and a smaller player pool but at NL$200 or less I believe the route to the highest and most consistent profit per month (not necessarily per 100 hands) is to play as many tables as you can handle and target the fish.

I would challenge ANY player in the world to 4-table NL$200 (targeting exploitable regs) and make more money in 200 hours than Narena playing the same site and same level playing 12+ tables (figures to include rakeback + bonus points, etc). He may not have the best bb/100 or the best game or the most flair but there are very few (if any) players in the world that have made so much from NL$200 since early-mid 2007.

FWIW I deliberately restrict the rate at which I take money from certainly super-nit regulars. I'm not joking; I know their games so well I could literally abuse the hell out of them but I consciously don't take it too far. I bleed them of money but at a rate where I hope they will never notice. That way I can make a little money of them and not have to worry about the fact they are on 75%+ of my tables. I have no doubt I could crush them over the next few days/week/whatever but they are not totally stupid and would start to play back forcing me to actually have to think against them whereas now I can play them on auto-pilot and still make money. Think of it like resource management; I'm not going to trawl my own sea dry.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

they smirk.. shuuuuuush =D
Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 PM

^^^ is that true? I didn't get any indication that they read these boards. Ah well, they won't know who I am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Besides, I'm the guy trying to not pick fights remember.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 PM

Thx so much Full Tilt for not telling me my iPod Touch was on back order even though I got an email a month ago saying it was being shipped.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM

Safety Edit made, suggest you do same simaoMacaco [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM

Whilst we are all making nice for 5 minutes does anyone know what the script is with TwistedDonkey. I know his game fairly well but I simply cannot get over the amount of hours that guy puts in multi-tabling!!! He's on full tilt pretty much any time I log in beavering away. If ever there was a case for a player being a NL bot then TD is it.