Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Cash: When they start swearing at you....

So I'm curious. I tend to sit around on HU LIMCASH tables waiting for opponents, which means I play against people who are already a little tilted. If I start off on something of a heater, then make a couple of good plays, and I'm up say 15-20 bets in ten or fifteen hands, often people start with the MFs and the FUs in chat, and this makes me really want to go ahead and quit them unless I feel that I have them substantially outclassed. Unless I'm strongly feeling that I'm an underdog and getting lucky, I won't quit a polite player that early. And I won't generally quit a passive player at all.

I'm not sure if I'm giving up too much with this strategy. Those who don't go nuts in chat tend to tilt more passively and predictably in my experience, which is nice. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this, both limit and NL. How much am I hurting my bottom line?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Cash: When they start swearing at you....

It's definitely worth the +EV to stick around.

If I'm up a few buy-ins (NLCASH) I'll simply leave with their money if they insist on being a douche. I'm giving up some profit but gaining personal satisfaction.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM

I just keep chat off. The annoyance isn't worth the info for me.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM

That's a sign they're tilting. Ignore them, keep on playing and profit.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:31 AM

Ignoring or turning off chat is fine. other options:
-let them know that you're amused by their tirades (to tilt them even further)
-for a good laugh, try to out-freak them ("don't stop, I love it when you talk dirty to me")

Also, if they suck out on you for a big pot -- which is bound to happen if you play long enough -- don't tilt. If you let them get to you, they've won.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:06 PM

keep playing, you want them on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If they are swearing and using profanity, I usually just laugh, and egg them on some more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll make my avatar smile on FT, and will poke and prod them. I want to keep them steaming [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll show a bluff or two, then try to take them apart, as many of the tilter's I've seen become hyper aggressive. Take them apart, and enjoy doing it.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring or turning off chat is fine. other options:
-let them know that you're amused by their tirades (to tilt them even further

[/ QUOTE ]

God how I love this. It turns them into your own personal ATM =)))

Other ways to tilt them is to berate them for good plays when you luckbox ur draw after all in. This is especially good the worse your draw is - berating after a gutshot hitting is massively +EV
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm curious. I tend to sit around on HU LIMCASH tables waiting for opponents, which means I play against people who are already a little tilted. If I start off on something of a heater, then make a couple of good plays, and I'm up say 15-20 bets in ten or fifteen hands, often people start with the MFs and the FUs in chat, and this makes me really want to go ahead and quit them unless I feel that I have them substantially outclassed. Unless I'm strongly feeling that I'm an underdog and getting lucky, I won't quit a polite player that early. And I won't generally quit a passive player at all.

I'm not sure if I'm giving up too much with this strategy. Those who don't go nuts in chat tend to tilt more passively and predictably in my experience, which is nice. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this, both limit and NL. How much am I hurting my bottom line?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure quitting here is about the most -ev thing you could ever do in heads up poker. if that tilts you, lol at you. i just laugh and know that im about to get all their monies because theyre about to make some stupid move they shouldnt and that they may be playing a little uncharacterisitically at times, like they might start checkraising flush draws instead of check calling them. etc