Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Bar Stool Pundits, Week 1

[ QUOTE ]
awesome keep it up

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

actually sounds like my drunken brainstorming sessions on saturday nights...
Old 09-06-2006, 05:24 PM

yayy BSP is back! last year was a great run...lets hope for another one this year [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2006, 05:28 PM

I like the Texans and 49ers picks a lot due to the phenomenon. Not sure about the Packers though. I think the people who automatically bet against Favre are counterbalanced by the people who emotionally want Favre to win in his last season, and bet the other way. Definitely like the idea though. I don't usually bet NFL games, but I think I might at least have to hit up that SF line.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:33 PM

much love for these Nate. Analysis that defies analysis.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 PM

A lotta people like the 49ers here.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:22 PM

I love the bar stool pundits, but sometimes the public is right, even though it's usually not for the right reasons. I like the 49ers and Packers, but my favorite play of the week right now is Philly. If you look at how both the Texans and Eagles are perceived, just about everyone expects them to finish last in their divisions, as opposed to Arizona who everyone is talking about as a playoff contender now just because they signed Edge.

There's one constant at every level of football -- the team that wins the battle at the line of scrimmage usually wins, and Philly has a superior line on both sides of the ball. In addition to this, I truly believe that Philly has better players in just about every area except wr, olb, and the return game.

This Philly team is healthy (unlike last year), and they have been getting no respect the entire offseason -- they are focused and are on a mission.

I already got Philly at - 3.5, so if the Texans do cover it will probably be because of the hook, but I think if they played this game a million times, Philly covers > 60% of the time.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the bar stool pundits, but sometimes the public is right, even though it's usually not for the right reasons. I like the 49ers and Packers, but my favorite play of the week right now is Philly. If you look at how both the Texans and Eagles are perceived, just about everyone expects them to finish last in their divisions, as opposed to Arizona who everyone is talking about as a playoff contender now just because they signed Edge.

There's one constant at every level of football -- the team that wins the battle at the line of scrimmage usually wins, and Philly has a superior line on both sides of the ball. In addition to this, I truly believe that Philly has better players in just about every area except wr, olb, and the return game.

This Philly team is healthy (unlike last year), and they have been getting no respect the entire offseason -- they are focused and are on a mission.

I already got Philly at - 3.5, so if the Texans do cover it will probably be because of the hook, but I think if they played this game a million times, Philly covers > 60% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get me wrong. It breaks my heart to bet on Houston, but I just report 'em like I see 'em. I am a Bar Stool Pundit. I don't see how any of my bets will win. the 9ers I do kind of like because of intangibles but on paper it's disgusting. the other two I am punching myself in the face for betting on.

natedogg
Old 09-06-2006, 06:52 PM

have fun losing your money!

the only decent bet here is the packers...

i dont see sf+9, still 7.5 on wallstreet.

you will be 1-2 at best
Old 09-06-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lotta people like the 49ers here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine the 49ers are a popular "sharp" pick. I myself think they are a good bet. But the Bar Stool Pundits are all over the Cardinals. The BSPs are willing to bet their first-born on the Cards this week. I really waffled between the 9ers and the Seahawks but it really felt like the Cards bettors were completely based on superficial thinking compared to the 'hawks bettors. So the 9ers got it.

natedogg
Old 09-06-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see sf+9, still 7.5 on wallstreet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinnacle has +9 -115.

[ QUOTE ]
you will be 1-2 at best

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of odds would you lay on that?