Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 04:45 PM

Default - - - - - GREATEST TOOL EVER - - - - -

I really fell in love with this tool.

According to similar progs it has i think 3 great new features.

1) It includes stack sizes for NL
2) You can add comments to every phase of the game
3) Cool display of PT stats

Plus some good innovations like easy copy/paste function, create projects, mark special hands... and of course its for free.

Download Texas Grab'em
Old 02-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: - - - - - GREATEST TOOL EVER - - - - -

I have been accused of being the biggest tool ever......

or was that HAVING the bigge....

ahh, nevermind
Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 PM

perhpas i should change it into Greatest hand grabber+converter tool ever --- [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 06:41 PM

is this just run of the mill spam or what?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 AM

I have no idea what this thread is even about.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:47 AM

OP was warned earlier today about spamming. Maybe he just really liked the app, so wrote-up an impromptu ad. I'm gave him the benefit of the doubt. (And a warning.)
-Sam
Old 02-14-2007, 07:02 AM

wow... this really looked like nice spam ^^
but i have to admit that the tool looks really nice.

it's a handrecorder and converter to post a handhistory... but with some more features. for example: the tool is able to import villains stacksize and pokertracker stats into the hand. cool, even though the "record" function just works @ pp...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:19 AM

First of all i am sorry i did not want to spam or anything like that
I used another tool called Hand Recorder before and i think that
ths new tool mentioned above is really a great help.

Why?

Active VS Passive Learning

At the beginning of someone's poker career you can profit a lot from just passive learning.
You read strategy articles which are explaining charts or tell you how to calculate odds/outs
You see a lot of sample hands and you make decision because you have seen similar
situations before, but you can not tell exactly why you made such a decision. And the more
you improve your poker skills the bigger the value of active learning gets, i think.
What does active learning mean?
It means that you start to talk about you own hands. That you try to start some cool
discussions about theory/strategy. You have to understand the concept behind a freecard
raise for example. And especially for these discussion tools like the hand grabber are so
powerful. Perhaps i was a bit too enthusiastic but i still think that especially the new
comment function is really a great addition. You can share your thoughts about all the
different phases of your played hand easily. Example:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Position (Stack):
vp$ip pfr ats folded bb
af wts w$sd hands

SB:
28.9 19.4 0.0 0.0
1.4 0.0 0.0 201</pre><hr />
5.00/10.00 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(5 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.org.uk.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

<ul type="square">Assuming his pfr of 19 plus him being in the SB i have an easy cap with AQs here[/list]Flop: (9.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<ul type="square">I don't think he is willing to fold a pocket pair on this board. A lot of other hands have me beat here against his 3betting range. AK/AJ so perhaps i am in front against AT. But i have some outs here so i try to avoid the standard check/raiise on the flop and take the freecard and then reevaluate on the turn[/list]Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">More outs now for me i think it is worth the semi bluff[/list]River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I changed the default line bet/call flop to a check behind on the flop to reevaluate on the turn
Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all i am sorry i did not want to spam or anything like that
I used another tool called Hand Recorder before and i think that
ths new tool mentioned above is really a great help.

Why?

Active VS Passive Learning

At the beginning of someone's poker career you can profit a lot from just passive learning.
You read strategy articles which are explaining charts or tell you how to calculate odds/outs
You see a lot of sample hands and you make decision because you have seen similar
situations before, but you can not tell exactly why you made such a decision. And the more
you improve your poker skills the bigger the value of active learning gets, i think.
What does active learning mean?
It means that you start to talk about you own hands. That you try to start some cool
discussions about theory/strategy. You have to understand the concept behind a freecard
raise for example. And especially for these discussion tools like the hand grabber are so
powerful. Perhaps i was a bit too enthusiastic but i still think that especially the new
comment function is really a great addition. You can share your thoughts about all the
different phases of your played hand easily. Example:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Position (Stack):
vp$ip pfr ats folded bb
af wts w$sd hands

SB:
28.9 19.4 0.0 0.0
1.4 0.0 0.0 201</pre><hr />
5.00/10.00 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(5 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.org.uk.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

<ul type="square">Assuming his pfr of 19 plus him being in the SB i have an easy cap with AQs here[/list]Flop: (9.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<ul type="square">I don't think he is willing to fold a pocket pair on this board. A lot of other hands have me beat here against his 3betting range. AK/AJ so perhaps i am in front against AT. But i have some outs here so i try to avoid the standard check/raiise on the flop and take the freecard and then reevaluate on the turn[/list]Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">More outs now for me i think it is worth the semi bluff[/list]River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I changed the default line bet/call flop to a check behind on the flop to reevaluate on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree the Texas Grab'em layout, the stats and the action by action comments make for a nice clear format to review/post hands.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]