Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 09:11 AM

Default First time playing live in a while. Some hands.

I have a few mundane hands that are probably pretty standard but I would appreciate some input on them. I'm including them all into one post simply because I don't think there is a lot of discussion per hand. I was playing at Harrahs of New Orleans, on the 2/5 table before moving to an uncapped 5/10 game.

Hand 1: On the 2/5 table a old man/tight player complaining about not getting any cards is to my right in the BB with ~500, I cover. I open UTG with QQ to $20, called in two spots, then BB reraises to $120, I fold without too much thought.

Hand 2: Still on the 2/5 table, UTG is a really loose passive player probably playing like 60/10 preflop and is loose passive postflop. If he raises postflop it's damn near the nuts.Although it doesn't seem like he needs a premium hand to rasie preflop. UTG raises, I call in MP with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], one caller on the button, 3 to the flop:

The flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets $20, I take a page out of a limit book and raise to $75 with that the last money i put into the pot unless I hit an 8?

Hand 3: Now at the 5/10 table, The Hijack is an older man who seems to be a regular in the game he covers the table by a good margin with appprox 4k. Seems like he might know what he's doing from the short time i've been at the table. The button a middle aged Spanish man who is Laggro preflop and loose passive postflop. He will call the flop and turn pretty lightly, not to sure about paying off on the river though he has ~1.2k I also have 1.2k. A few limpers in EP the hijack limps, I limp in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the button raises to 40, I think one EP folds and everyone else calls. The flop is:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot ~160)

Everyone checks to the button who bets 100, the hijack calls and I call?

The turn is: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot (460) and the hijack now donks 400, my play is?

Hand 4: A lady takes the place to my right of the older man in the last hand, haven't really seen anything out of her in regards to poker, seems to know everybody in the room. She stradles UTG, I raise to 50 in UTG +1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], called in two spots and she calls UTG.

The flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 210)

She leads into me for 200, with 330 behind I cover, and call? everyone else folds.

The turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
she pushes for 330 and I call?

Hand 5: I have ~1200, The spanish man from hand 3 is in the the CO and he might have me covered but our stacks are pretty equal. Again he is loose aggresive preflop and loose passive postflop, but is pretty straight forward. One limper in EP i raise to 40 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the hijack, the CO calls, EP calls.

The flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 160)
I bet 200, CO calls, ep folds. The CO's hand range is still pretty wide here, with any pair and any draw even possibly A high.

The turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 560)

This is probably one of the worst cards in the deck for me, I was going to bet maybe even push almost every other card, but now I check, he checks behind. I'm almost certain this is weakness from him.

The river is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check with the intention of calling to snap of a bluff which he was caught doing much earlier in the session to somebody else in a similar circumstance. He bets 325 and I call?

Ok I know my NL game is pretty weak so let me have it [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: First time playing live in a while. Some hands.

hand 1- I dont mind a fold here, if hes old and nitty this is KK/AA more often than not.
hand 2- I just call here, if he's betting with overcards, he will check the turn
hand 3- I like a check raise to $350-400, as played, fold
hand 4- standard
hand 5- you dont beat anything, fold
Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Re: First time playing live in a while. Some hands.

Hand 1 Standard
Hand 2 Call and reevaluate turn. If he is loose passive he will give up on a blank turn if he has nothing.
Hand 3 If he is not going to pay you off on the river then fold. It sucks but oh well. I think I would raise the flop but I would like to know how others would play this as I always have trouble with these hands.
Hand 4 Standard
Hand 5 Yeah I probably call too but I suck so what do I know