Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Counter Offensive, How we deter our politicians and keep our game

Don't quit. People standing in the rain all night deciding which bar they want to go to only get wet! Set a time limit, then pick an idea and go with it. I recommend mine (I am biased but I think it will be the most effective). But, if you can't decide, number all the ideas, put them in a hat and pick one.

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU QUIT !!!

Be a leader, do something, do anything and tell everyone you can, as fast as you can that you did it. Then we will win. The other guys have a medium hand at best, make them lay it down.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of people missing the point... Missouri Laws mean nothing... Democrat/Republican/Libertarian Mean nothing...

The only thing that matters is having an effect... By Concentrating on a pivotal Swing State and focusing the energy of the poker playing community on that one Swing State if succussful shows the elected officials what they are up against...

It doesn't matter who the frickin candidate is... It's about uniting and presenting ourselves to the Nation...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your points, herein lies the trouble. How is anyone going to either know or believe (including the winning candidate) that online poker players made any difference at all in a coin-flip situation? Can anyone here spell V A R I A N C E ? If you only want to make a point that we are a powerful group you need to make a public stand in a not so close race and attempt to turn a probable loser into a winner to get the point across. In other words if the candidate we choose to support loses the close race does that mean we had no effect? Likewise if they win it means the same, not much at all.

Please look at this realistically from the perspective of a poker player and it is easy to see we may get drawn out on and go BUSTO, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the candidate loses we try to walk away unnoticed. If the candidate wins, we attempt to take credit for the win. Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:55 PM

I agree with you, a tracking mechanism will be better. A couple points though. Since I can't do anything complex I will edit my post to include my email so I can be copied on donations. 1. The whole idea of focusing on a single point is to get enough money influx in a very short period of time so it is clear to all who look that it is not variance. If one candidate suddenly raises a mass sum of money when the other candidate does not increase at the same rate it will be noticed. All candidates have to carefully track campaign donations and that is why I left instructions to keep the Subject the same all the time. 2. I also recommend sending a copy of the email to all the other various interested parties, including media and the opponent. At the very least if we manage a large cash influx both parties will be very aware of this, they watch these things very carefully. This is half the battle, making them aware we are willing to take action. That is what makes them worried.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:01 PM

Default UPDATE: Counter Offensive email for tracking

Per several suggestions which I agree with, this is more effective if we can track this. So, please copy the following email address when you send your donation. Be sure to include the amount somewhere in the subject line. Only send it to me once please, my email may not handle it. Also, anyone who has already made a donation please send me an email:

markwstuff1@aol.com

I will try to track and update the post as best I can.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:49 AM

I don't even support democrats. This is just an effective way to get our government to listen.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:18 AM

Bump please we need to make sure we get the message out not to mess with us poker players