Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Default MMB stuff

Since posters can't link to personal sites, would it be allowable for them to post a screenshot of their site so other posters could see what the site looked like without a need for linking?

If so, how much info would need to be edited out of the screenshot so that it wasn't seen as free advertising?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: MMB stuff

On a separate topic, majesty2009 is definitely Ron_Mexico. Is he ban on sight or does it not matter?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM

if he behaves, he can stay. he sent me a pm admitting who he was and promising to be constructive.

if linking to a site under construction or needing improvements is determined by you guys to be of value to the general readers of your forum, i trust your judgment.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he behaves, he can stay. he sent me a pm admitting who he was and promising to be constructive.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good

[ QUOTE ]
if linking to a site under construction or needing improvements is determined by you guys to be of value to the general readers of your forum, i trust your judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will discuss with Evan and come to a conclusion by the end of the weekend. I only say this long because I have a pretty busy weekend so I'm not sure when I'll get a hold of Evan.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will discuss with Evan and come to a conclusion by the end of the weekend. I only say this long because I have a pretty busy weekend so I'm not sure when I'll get a hold of Evan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please forgive me for sticking my oar in uninvited, but I think Mat means each case needs to be assessed individually, and he will assume your assessment in each case is correct. You'll allow some links, and disallow others.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please forgive me for sticking my oar in uninvited, but I think Mat means each case needs to be assessed individually, and he will assume your assessment in each case is correct. You'll allow some links, and disallow others.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i understand. i would like to discuss with evan some general guidelines of what we will allow/disallow before releasing to the masses.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:13 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

I wasn't around for the Sniper meltdown. I browsed some of the threads on him but I didn't have time to read all the novels he posted. What is the general feeling on him at this point?

He's made a couple of posts over the last few days that seem intended only to annoy me and make it harder to get through some of the changes in that forum (posting that the link rule is new, posting about the forum merger before I had a chance to talk about the plans for the future, the linked post above). I'm getting really sick of him. I never liked Sniper to begin with and this isn't helping. Can I get some input from the reds here, as far as I can tell you guys aren't too thrilled with him either, right?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i understand. i would like to discuss with evan some general guidelines of what we will allow/disallow before releasing to the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies. I misunderstood your meaning.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 AM

I am pretty sure mat said that saying [censored] you to a person is a temp ban even if the profanity filter catches it.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure mat said that saying [censored] you to a person is a temp ban even if the profanity filter catches it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to stir up even more trouble right now, so I passed on that one, but did leave a warning for him to not make any more attacking posts like that.