Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Ma Che Fa

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jman, so you agree with the prevailing sentiment that a small subset of the Mods opinions, are more important than posters opinions, even when the posters are the majority, and create the content that drives people here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper - the world doesn't revolve around you and your bruised ego. Get over it, move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Politics - An Ultimate and Inevitable Victory

- An Ultimate and Inevitable Victory About the Forums pvn 03/16/07 04:15 PM
Re: Sucks About the Forums pvn 03/13/07 02:39 PM
Re: Sucks About the Forums pvn 03/12/07 04:36 PM
Re: Obama stiffs the govt (for years, taxes and parking tickets unpaid About the Forums pvn 03/11/07 05:16 PM
Re: Hi Politics pvn 03/10/07 09:52 AM
Re: When the state takes care of children? Politics pvn 03/09/07 10:26 AM
Re: When the state takes care of children? Politics pvn 03/08/07 10:32 PM
Re: When the state takes care of children? Politics pvn 03/08/07 07:11 PM
Re: P.S. : Waco Politics pvn 03/04/07 08:27 AM
Re: Jump ! Politics pvn 03/02/07 11:34 PM
Re: Meat grinder Politics pvn 03/02/07 04:31 PM
Re: Statism, AC, and Corporatism- The End Result is the Same Politics pvn 02/20/07 08:11 PM
Re: The Chickadee Special Sklansky Forum pvn 02/16/07 10:29 AM
Re: The Cleaner Special Sklansky Forum pvn 02/15/07 02:11 PM
Re: What do you like about the State? Politics pvn 02/05/07 08:46 PM
Re: What do you like about the State? Politics pvn 02/02/07 05:33 PM
Re: AC Hypothetical Politics pvn 01/22/07 11:10 PM
Re: What the anarchcapitalists need to understand: Moral clarity Politics pvn 01/18/07 03:57 PM

I noticed that PVN was very fond of the phrase "strawman," so I thought his usage of such term 18 times in the past 3 months deserved its own thread cause I'd hate for speech to be stiffled
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention, the "budding" ACer he mentioned didn't post in politics prior to last week. At all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. I even said "I went back and looked at OP's by new posters".

The point being, the one non-trolling, non-inflammatory OP by a "smart new poster" espouses the values that the new regime is systematically trying to exclude from the forum.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of this thread is to claim that tough moderation in Politics will be ineffective in keeping bad posters from posting and encouraging good posters to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. The point is to claim that the current implementation of "tough moderation" will not achieve these goals, mostly because the current implementation doesn't have anything to do with good posts and bad posts, despite the overt claims.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

IMO, the politics forum is NOT a political forum for people to push their agenda.

It is a forum for existing members of the 2+2 community to discuss political subject matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two outta three italics misplaced.

Carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

for as much as you guys like to argue, nobody has been able to make an intelligent one against my statement.

very telling.

carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

I agree with your statement. Therefore, I will not argue against it.

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree also. It is your opinion, regardless of anyone else's feelings about your italicization.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For as much as you guys like to argue, nobody has been able to make an intelligent one against my statement. Very telling.

[/ QUOTE ]What is there to argue when you are posting truisms? Remove the silly italics and your statement is a ho-hum truism. I.e. the 2+2 politics forum is a forum for existing members of the 2+2 community to discuss political subject matter. No argument there. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And here is a revelation :

When discussing politics, people will usually support their own agenda of beliefs!..

Wow, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,
You can probably see why Cyrus was banned, and why people like him make a lot of normal posters hate the politics forum. But we're working on fixing that. Posts like the one Cyrus just made here are no longer tolerated in the politics forum, and would have resulted in a suspension, had he posted it in politics instead of "About the Forums."

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, what about his post was so intolerable? BTW have you discovered any of those horrible anti-semetic posts Cyrus made yet?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 AM

I think that your assertion that the forum is for discussion is correct. But, other than the weather, every discussion is the "pushing of an agenda". You certainly have an agenda in your posts. There is no way to avoid that and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For as much as you guys like to argue, nobody has been able to make an intelligent one against my statement. Very telling.

[/ QUOTE ]What is there to argue when you are posting truisms? Remove the silly italics and your statement is a ho-hum truism. I.e. the 2+2 politics forum is a forum for existing members of the 2+2 community to discuss political subject matter. No argument there. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And here is a revelation :

When discussing politics, people will usually support their own agenda of beliefs!..

Wow, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,
You can probably see why Cyrus was banned, and why people like him make a lot of normal posters hate the politics forum. But we're working on fixing that. Posts like the one Cyrus just made here are no longer tolerated in the politics forum, and would have resulted in a suspension, had he posted it in politics instead of "About the Forums."

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, what about his post was so intolerable? BTW have you discovered any of those horrible anti-semetic posts Cyrus made yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Still waiting
Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 AM

btw not that anyone care but borodog and mickey were two of my fav posters, not because of their opinions but because i enjoyed reading them.

all i can do now is hope luckyme isnt banned because that would complete my trifecta of favorite posters being banned.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw not that anyone care but borodog and mickey were two of my fav posters, not because of their opinions but because i enjoyed reading them.

all i can do now is hope luckyme isnt banned because that would complete my trifecta of favorite posters being banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog wasn't banned. He requested a self-ban, and I believe that self-ban is expiring soon.

Regards,
--jman220
Closed Thread