Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
Degenerasian,

You really really hate Pennington.

We get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thayer,

You love Pennington.

And I don't understand why.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand this widespread theory that a championship is impossible with Pennington.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well apparently alot of Jets fans seem to think Clemens is the next Brady or Manning obviously based on a few pre-season games and 1 good quarter in Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not whether people think Clemens is the next Manning/Brady, it's the fact that we don't know what he is. We know what Pennington is, and it's not the right fit for this team.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Manning isn't the right fit for this team either then.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 PM

i really dont understand why the arguments every week in this thread are about pennington vs clemens when the defense has been atrocious. like seriously, 5 million other changes need to be made before even thinking about yanking pennington. yes, kellen clemens is the future, but pennington is not the reason the jets are losing, if anything he has kept the games as close as possible.

CAN WE SWITCH BACK TO BTCHING ABOUT THE 3-4 NOW?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 AM

thank you.

I for one don't know if anything other than everything is wrong. I hate the plays that are being called. That's first. I hate the 3-4 for our personnel and I always have. I hate our offensive line. So that's playcalling, defense, and a good bit of the offense. That's a lot.

I like Mangini. I think he's a prick, but I do like the way he runs things. I can easily envision a scenario where the 3-4 becomes his Waterloo and he wastes our defensive talent. This worries me greatly.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM

i still don't get the anti-pennington hate, the guy is fine and he doesn't have the line to get too tricky with the deep stuff, otherwise he'd get smashed every other play and he can't take that kind of punishment, nor should any QB open themselves up for that...

no way do the jets touch a QB in the draft no matter what happens in the next couple of years, pennington is more than servicable, clemens will get his chance and this team has way too many glaring holes to try for a QB...

like i said before, our d sucks for the 3-4 as it kills robertson and clearly is hampering vilma...either get the right personnel, which takes time or change the system, which prolly won't happen with the current coaches in place...i doubt either is happening tbh...

that being said, forget the offense guys, there's nothing to be done about the running game as thomas is going to be the guy, the receievers are good and the QB spot is fine...
i understand having pennington causes defenders to jump a lot of the underneath stuff which was a problem against the bills, but he's efficient, sick accurate and is a proven winner...quit looking for a brady/manning

we've got the CB, now get a god damn LB who can help against the run or a 3-4 nose, but the latter could be really hard...i'm tired of getting [censored] up every year on the ground...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM

also, the O line is everything for an offense, there have been too many times that the check down has been the first [censored] option because of pressure, u guys really think pennington wouldn't throw the deep ball if he had time, i mean he's shown he knows where to go with the ball...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:58 PM

Alright, sorta changing the topic here. Was day dreaming a bit about what I would do if I was Jets GM, and wow, does it kill me to see the talent we have on this team, only to be destroyed by a few weak spots.

Coles/Cotch WR combo--Two of the TOUGHEST receivers in the league, two underrated receivers in the league

TJones- Helped a terrible chicago offense get to the superbowl

Leon- fast scat back, perfect change of pace from jones

Vilma- Nasty linebacker

Rhodes- awesome safety, top 5 in the league without a doubt

Dyson/Revis- two great cornerbacks that compliment eachother nicely

Ellis- solid DE

Hobson- this guy is a beastttt

Mangold- solid C, will be a franchise guys for years and years

Those are just the SOLID players. I honestly do believe that all of those players are pro-bowl caliber, and could win a superbowl in the right formula. We have plenty of decent players who are very solid, (Brick, Barton, Coleman etc) that are great compliments to this team, but then those weak spots (LG, RT, RG, DT) just kill us.

Bleh, this front office needs to have another amazing draft (and spend some money on a solid free agent!!!) and get this team ready. I do NOT want to waste the prime years of these players to rebuild. Yeah, I'd rather trade Vilma and watch him lead a defense to win a superbowl, then see him waste his talent as a rebuilder.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM

agreed magra, lots of strong pieces are there...

i can see the argument that either the pieces aren't being used properly (coaches) or it's a few spots which are killing us...

it goes back to the lines, need more help and that should make huge improvements across the board. I thought the O-line i thought would be better, wasn't expecting too much from the D-line and I hoped aggressive blitzing packages would make up some for it, but so far it hasn't...

with revis on board, and while he isn't proven, i thought the jets would be bringing the heat on the QB a lot more and letting the shutdown CB do his thing...meh
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still don't get the anti-pennington hate, the guy is fine and he doesn't have the line to get too tricky with the deep stuff, otherwise he'd get smashed every other play and he can't take that kind of punishment, nor should any QB open themselves up for that...

no way do the jets touch a QB in the draft no matter what happens in the next couple of years, pennington is more than servicable, clemens will get his chance and this team has way too many glaring holes to try for a QB...

like i said before, our d sucks for the 3-4 as it kills robertson and clearly is hampering vilma...either get the right personnel, which takes time or change the system, which prolly won't happen with the current coaches in place...i doubt either is happening tbh...

that being said, forget the offense guys, there's nothing to be done about the running game as thomas is going to be the guy, the receievers are good and the QB spot is fine...
i understand having pennington causes defenders to jump a lot of the underneath stuff which was a problem against the bills, but he's efficient, sick accurate and is a proven winner...quit looking for a brady/manning

we've got the CB, now get a god damn LB who can help against the run or a 3-4 nose, but the latter could be really hard...i'm tired of getting [censored] up every year on the ground...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really hating Pennington, because I have said that he is a serviceable QB on the right team. I'm hating on the fact that he's the QB of the New York Jets. With our O-Line, and the fact that we are in rebuilding mode makes me want Clemens in there. Like I said before, I DON'T think that Clemens is the second coming of Elway (he could be damn good though, no one knows), but because he was drafted to be the franchise QB of this team, and that we probably lost all playoff hope with the loss to the Bills, why not give him his shot now? Pennington will be gone in a year or 2 anyway. There's a very good post above me that shows all of the Jets best players entering their prime in a couple of years. I just think we should try and develop him as fast as we can, so that in 2 years we know what we have. I'd rather go 4-12 with Clemens than 5-11 with Pennington. This is like Vinny post-1998, when his game was clearly falling off and Pennington saved us in 2002. I'm hoping for that same magic, as CP isn't the CP of 02. We have seen his best, and with the current Jets, it's not good enough to win.

I'm probably going to stop my pro-Clemens rant because there are some who disagree with me, and if you don't get it now, you probably never will. Which is fine because I don't understand the pro-Pennington arguments, and probably never will.