Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Stud Literature.

Hmm, I was going to reply to someone's question though seems that thread got locked.

As for myself, I have 7CS & SSI. And to be honest, some of the best things I've read came from other assorted books. Poker Essays Vol I has two tables, one to do with flush draws and another for data on hitting other hands. These charts were very informative and just the stuff I had been trying to find in the other books, but were lacking. I'm not sure why they would not have been placed in 7CS, but those are good tables to go by.

And of course, I've read junkers in assorted books too. Slim's play poker to win really left 7-stud input lacking, though it was just a few pages on it. I also noticed there is a stud section in my last book, 'Serious Poker' but the chapter also was rather lacking, but understandable due to space.

I haven't had much time to read through Poker Essays II and III so hopefully they'll be more goodies in there like the first one. I also have some book from generations ago with more tables on stud odds that I couldn't find anywhere else either.

All I can say, is keep looking. It seems almost all the new books are for hold'em. There's maybe one or two, like 'winning low limit stud' which really didn't do me any thrills. I also don't think Andy B gave it many votes either.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Stud Literature.

add TOP to the list.