Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Default How to play trip aces on flush board?

How should I have played this on the flop?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP1 ($42.95)
MP2 ($30.75)
Hero ($18.90)
CO ($9.10)
Button ($13.75)
SB ($10.80)
BB ($12.40)
UTG ($5.75)
UTG+1 ($3.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A, 7, 5.
[color=#CC3333]UTG raises to $0.5</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2.35</font>, CO calls $2.35, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.25, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.85, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($10.15) 2, J, A [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG folds, [color=#CC3333]Hero ????
Old 10-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How to play trip aces on flush board?

Try another converter. converter
Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 PM

Ugh, top set on monotone flop when you're the aggressor sux. I check b/c w/ this many callers someone will fire, someone else will probably call that, and then you have odds to call yourself. If you check and more than two people shove before it comes back to you then by all means go along for the ride. The problem with firing a Cbet here is that it probably won't get called. It will get either c/r'd or reraised and then you're fuxd. You'll most certainly have to call and then its up to the gods who never pair the board for you here and jerk off w/ ten high flush wins. At .10/.25 Full Ring it happens all day everyday. You know this.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Just switch the converter to 2plus2, you have it set on a flopturnriver output.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Although it is obviously stack size and opponent dependent, I like to usually play this sort of flop relatively fast. I will generally bet 2/3-full pot bet and re-raise any raises on the flop. Playing this aggressive on the flop will get a lot of people who 3bet J-K high flushes to fold to the 4bet and even if all the money goes in, you are still live to outs. Take this with caution though, I make these sorts of plays with the hopes of being payed off later (which I generally am) so at these stakes, where you don't always play with the same people day in and day out, this may not be the best strategy.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM

If you meet a King high flush that folds this flop please pm me the person's name.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try another converter. converter

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the same converter, but switch it from FlopTurnRiver.com mode to 2+2 forums mode.

Right above input there are two scroll boxes. Top is Format. Change that one to "2+2 forums" and then convert hand.

The site has different outputs for different poker forums.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you meet a King high flush that folds this flop please pm me the person's name.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there even a reason to post that? It's not like you didn't know what I meant...
Old 10-11-2007, 05:55 AM

just jam here Janelle - if im reading the stack sizes correctly both opponents have around 1 PSB left, so even if they bet into you, you still are getting the 2-1 pot odds you need to boat up. Ideally you want one of them to fold a low flush but i doubt that will happen at these stakes/stack sizes, but if you are really lucky they will both have flushes, meaning one of them is putting money in but taking none of your equity
Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 AM

First of all very sorry about my converter problems! I haven't posted in the last week because Lego hand converter isn't working for PLO anymore since they updated it and this one I did set to 2+2 and it still gave me this gobbly gook!

So sorry... if you know anything better please let me know.

Ok Thanks Elrazor and Gordo sounds like you both generally agree that being agressive on this flop is the best thing and that is EXACTLY what I did... I potted the flop (not 2/3rds it) and the guy behind me called.. I figured at the time anyone holding a weak flush would fold... the only person I would be worried about is the king high possibly the queen high flush... but no this guy pushed in with a 7 high flush... yeah 7 high.... no respect at all...

But thanks, sounds like I played it right. In the past I would have checked this on the flop and if someone potted folded because I was playing very conservative on my flops and only agressive on my turns.