Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how just assumed I was a Giants fan. (You are right, but that's besides the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I know McNabb is a good QB. I've always liked him. But 1/2 you Philly fans were ready to throw him under the bus when TO was bitching.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have always been a big supporter of McNabb through everything. That said, you're right, too many people in Philadelphia jump on McNabb at every opportunity. I wouldn't say that it's 50%, but it is a very vocal group.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, why is that? I never understood it. It seems like nothing he does is good enough. It was the same thing w/ Bobby Abreu. I'm a Yankee fan, I can't understand how people hated him in Philly.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how just assumed I was a Giants fan. (You are right, but that's besides the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I know McNabb is a good QB. I've always liked him. But 1/2 you Philly fans were ready to throw him under the bus when TO was bitching.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have always been a big supporter of McNabb through everything. That said, you're right, too many people in Philadelphia jump on McNabb at every opportunity. I wouldn't say that it's 50%, but it is a very vocal group.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, why is that? I never understood it. It seems like nothing he does is good enough. It was the same thing w/ Bobby Abreu. I'm a Yankee fan, I can't understand how people hated him in Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood that one either. Again, it's only like 20% of fans, but they are always the most vocal ones.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

But good post. Just loaded with pertinent information.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Philadelphia is a very blue collar, hard working town that loves hard working athletes. For all his talent, Abreu is a very relaxed, seemingly effortless player. He is "lazy" in the field. These things did not endear him to the fans. Burrell has the same problem, and to a lesser degree, McNabb does as well. McNabb is very relaxed, joking around on the field, smiling after interceptions, etc.

On the flip side, Philly LOVED Allen Iverson because he was a little guy who played his heart out every night. Ditto guys like John LeClair, Jeff Garcia, Rick Tochett, etc. Guys who just tried so hard and got every ounce of production from their talent.

I'm not saying McNabb, Burrell, etc. don't try hard; they just have an effortless, carefree look to the way they play.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM

Edit - talked about McNabb/Abreyu/Burrell, Fink summed it up better

Onto football though. Iggle's fans, I wouldn't really worry about the running game too much. If you stick to it you'll have success, barring injuries you have one of the best lines in the league. My main concern would be Reid going pass happy once he has his boy back
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM

eagles 8-1 to win nfc. book it.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8-1? Where can I bet on this? That line is a joke.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8-1? Where can I bet on this? That line is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

wsex
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the hell did I trash McNabb? He's probably my favorite QB in the NFL and I'm a Texans fan. All I said was I wanted to see Kolb play tonight (he's from my alma mater), and McNabb isn't even touching the ball tonight so how the hell do you misconstrue that as meaning I hate McNabb???