Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Default 2007 USPC

Why is there no information on this series?

It's held every year at the Taj but their site doesn't have any info about it.

What month was it held in 06 and 05?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: 2007 USPC

Disappointingly, ESPN will not be filming the event this year. Perhaps the Taj is trying to work out a different tv deal before posting the schedule, because I agree it's strange that dates have not been released with the tournament just a couple months away.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM

I went to the Taj for the first time and I have to say, I was very disappointed with the size of the room. I was just imaging it being huge. Like wasn't it the largest poker room in AC until the Borg expanded?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What month was it held in 06 and 05?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ME has been the 1st week of October.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Help please

im watching the espn ppv (enjoying it) and have to go put for a cancer treatment for about 4 hours. is there anyway i can save or somehow watch what i miss after i get back please?

i dont know if i should just put it on pause or what ?

thank you sincerely for any help....hate to miss any part of it.

Rianna
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Help please

http://www.trumptaj.com/index.cfm/nodeID...on/content.page

here you go

2007 USPC
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disappointingly, ESPN will not be filming the event this year. Perhaps the Taj is trying to work out a different tv deal before posting the schedule, because I agree it's strange that dates have not been released with the tournament just a couple months away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane,

I was told the same thing by Andrew Feldman who works for ESPN when I was in LV for the WSOP,but sadly he did not have a reason why !

~stephen
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the Taj for the first time and I have to say, I was very disappointed with the size of the room. I was just imaging it being huge. Like wasn't it the largest poker room in AC until the Borg expanded?

[/ QUOTE ]
They have another room near the poker room that they use for weekend tournaments. They probably have conference rooms they can use for their major tournament if they need to, but I don't think this tournament draws a huge field.

The poker room is smaller than Commerce, Foxwoods, and Borgata, and maybe one or two more. I don't think there is anything bigger in Vegas or outside the US.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Help please

I heard ESPN dropped this tourney is this true?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane,

I was told the same thing by Andrew Feldman who works for ESPN when I was in LV for the WSOP,but sadly he did not have a reason why !

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

I anticipated ESPN's decision to drop the USPC with 2 years left in the rights fee agreement (which was done in 2004).

Why?

ESPN has already paid for enough poker, 32 hours each year from Harrah's/WSOP.

There is really no room for ESPN to fit the USPC without having the USPC being buried as counterprogramming on ESPN2.

Besides, ESPN can always sell time to the likes of FullTiltPoker.net so that "time buy" made-for-TV poker, such as the Pro-Am Equalizer, can air on ESPN.

The only thing that is worth a rights fee these days in the eyes of a big network such as ESPN is the WSOP.

Remember that ESPN was interested in the WPT and PPT at one time. The business has changed dramatically in the past 12 months. WPT had to go to GSN in order to get a rights fee after Travel Channel dropped it due to high rights fee and relatively low ratings compared to the past.

--

NBC Heads-Up, the #1 TV poker show in the US in terms of average viewers, is safe for another year. I will be pitching to the NBC Heads-Up executive producer the 2007 World Champion in Jerry Yang, the 1st German to past $1 million in career tournament earnings who did the "JAAAAAAA, JAAAAAAAAA, YESSSSSSS" celebration on ESPN in Andreas Krause, and the only Russian with $2 million in career tournament earnings in Alexander Kravchenko.