View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

i just came of patong did full moon and now im in chaweng samui wich is baby patong w/o bangala road

@Does anyone have any idea where the single white chicks hang out in Patong?@
at the beach hahaha always anlone. feels good to see, dont waste time on them.
patong has the worst beach in thailand and when u are knee deep you cant see your foot but the nightlife is good. i did a tour in tigerdisco at bangala and after about 20minutes i walked home with a nonhooker thaigirl. is good!

pm if you are around
Old 04-04-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just wondering what you guys recommend for going from bangkok to phuket. bus? flight?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would fly unless you're really on a budget. You can fly anywhere within Thailand for under US$100. I have no idea what a bus would cost, but I saw a taxi service advertising 8000 baht. The flight was only about an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
pm if you are around

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on doing some traveling once epassporte unlocks my account. IF YOU PLAN ON TRAVELING ABROAD, MAKE SURE YOU LET EPASSPORTE KNOW BEFOREHAND. It's been over two effing weeks, I've sent in all the required documents, and it still might be another 10 days before my account iis unfrozen. NewTeaBag has lent me the princely sum of 7,000 baht and I've been living off of that. I'm going to cut a swathe of destruction once I gain access to my money though.

Later I'll post some pictures from our trip to the "waterfall" and Wat Chalong.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 PM

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehyb...News&rpc=44

ghey

Anybody in Bangkok should checkout the Bitec auto show (google it). Some of the hottest chics in Thailand working as models there.

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM

These trip reports rock. Though get some more pictures! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Have any of you guys thought about opening up a offshore bank account and going back to Party since you are out of the states? It may not be worth it, but if you have the option I dont see why you wouldnt. I was googling the other day and found a one bedroom villa at the northwest region of Sumoi that was like $320/mo. That or Pattaya are about the only islands I can find stuff for by googling.

I still want to check out Thailand, especially the island life. Only time I can is after the WSOP main event or after the fall semester..
Old 04-05-2007, 08:56 AM

Motorbike--Climb--Falls--Dam: A trip report in Pix.

WhoIam, my gf and I ride on over to Khatu Falls (prominently marked on the Phuket Map) to discover not quite what I expected. At the bottom there is what appears a bubbling brook with a couple of wading areas. After asking about, it seems it doens't really become a "falls" until well into the rainy season (starting in bout a month). Still some pretty scenery was found.

Children frolicking in the wading pools at the bottom.

We discovered an upward spiraling stairway into the jungle and decided to see if there be any sights to see higher up. After around a 400meter climb upwards (a bit tiring I must admit) we found the uppermost part of the "falls" deep into the jungle.

30min climb to find a dry bed. Bah!

Having come this far, we decided to crack on into the jungle proper (the stairway had long since ended) to see if we could at least get a nice view. Another 25mins of near vertical jungle climbing and we reached Kathu MTN summit.

The weary yet triumphant NewTeaBag climber.

After the climbdown, we had a nice Thai meal at the local food shack then proceeded on bike to Bang Wat Dam to see if Dam really meant Dam.

Upon finding the dam (nestled way down a back road right next to a lush country club golf course), we were greeted with some very nice vistas (read excellent destop background pics)

Enjoy! I'll let WhoIam do the Wat Chalong Trip Report.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM

Apparently in Thai, "waterfall" means "semi-stagnant pools of water." The climb to the top in the heat and humidity was effing ridiculous. It was just staircase after staircase up into the jungle. Of course we're guys, so there's no way we're going to stop before we get to the end. Finally we get there and there's nothing of interest and we're both exhausted. I took this picture of myself right after we got to the top--I think it captures the way we both felt: Coincidentally this is the same way I look after five large Changs.

We saw this sign on the way up. No...tapirs? When I figure out what this animal is, I'll remind myself not to bring one.
In short, the waterfall sucks. Don't go there.

Yesterday we visited Wat Chalong, which as you might expect, is a wat in Chalong. There's a complicated Buddhist ritual you do when you go there involving all kinds of paraphernalia. This ends in a fortune-telling thing where you take a cup full of numbered sticks and shake it until one falls out. This is not as easy as it seems. Not at all. Finally after 8 tries, I got number 21 and went around the corner to get the corresponding fortune, which of course was only in Thai.
"What does it say?"
NTB's gf: "It is bad"
"Yeah, but what does it say?"
"This very bad."
"WHAT THE [censored] DOES IT SAY?!?!
And she still wouldn't tell me. Thai women are stubborn like that. After that we walked around the complex and went into some of the buildings. I tried telling NewTeaBag that it's good luck to go up to the Buddha statues and rub your feet on them, but he didn't fall for it.

A rare glimpse into Thai perception of farang. Some would call it racist, but I have a different word for it: hilarious

The strangest thing about the wat, that I didn't even realize until later, is that I didn't see one monk there. Not one. You can see monks on a daily basis everywhere else in Thailand. What do they do all day when people are visiting?

At the gift shop they sold firecrackers that you could light off at one spot on the grounds. What's more fun that lighting off firecrackers in a sealed chamber at a Buddhist temple? Lighting them off anywhere else. I bought a couple boxes and took them home with me.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 AM

i posted something yesterday but it seems to have gotten lost..

My friend and I are travelling Asia in May, and we are going to visit Thailand. both of us are 21. It will be our first backpacking trip, so we are both a little scared. Excited too of course.

Here's our tentative plan.

We leave HK on Wed, May 9th at 4:40pm. Get to Bangkok at 6:20pm

Return flight from Bangkok to Hk leaves on thur May 17, at 12:25 pm. and arrives in HK at 4:10 pm.

This is the only thing that is set in stone right now. Everythign below can be changed including order, timing, and even the locations we visit.

Spend the night of 9th and 10th in bangkok

leave for Phuket on 11th.
spend night there

Go to Koh Samui on 12th.
Spend night of 12th, 13th there.

go to Phi Phi on 14th.
spend night of 14th, 15th

Go to Bangkok through phuket on 16th
night at bangkok

return flight on 17th.

Questions
1. I looked on the map, and it appears that koh samui is closer to bangkok than phuket is. is it possible to go straight from koh samui to bangkok? if it is, i guess i would switch the order of phi phi and koh samui.

2. i heard that ferry schedules into the islands are pretty limited (ie only few times a day), can someone help me by pointing me to the right direction to a site with ferry sechduel? we're new to this kinda travelling so dont know where to look.

3. someone suggested to me that i'm ganan be losing a lot of time simply travelling from location to location with my current schedule. he recommended that i simply drop phuket/phi phi/and koh samui, and instead go to Pattaya. So spend the entire time in Thailand in Bangkok and Pattaya. This will give us more time to enjoy Thailand rather than stuck in transportation. does anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3. someone suggested to me that i'm ganan be losing a lot of time simply travelling from location to location with my current schedule. he recommended that i simply drop phuket/phi phi/and koh samui, and instead go to Pattaya. So spend the entire time in Thailand in Bangkok and Pattaya. This will give us more time to enjoy Thailand rather than stuck in transportation. does anyone have thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pattaya is whoresville extraordinaire. If you want to bag hoes with 60ish German dudes for a week, go there. If you want to see cool beaches go to the other places.

Your schedule does seem tight to me. Phuket and Phi Phi are in the Adaman Sea, which is much more scenic and the water is much cleaner. I would just spend the whole trip on that side. Just do Phuket, Phi Phi and some other island further south, such as Boulon or Lipe, Ngai, Muk or anywhere else you can get to from Trang or Satun Provinces. These are the best islands in the country. Not as busy as Samui but no Burger King either.

Didn't read your reasons for going so I might be off on this. But you are not missing anything if you skip Samui and especially Pattaya.

KJS
Old 04-10-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The word for pumpkin is “f*ck thong.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait 'till you find out the word for "green pumpkin". You'll jizz in ur pants.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any idea where the single white chicks hang out in Patong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

[ QUOTE ]
We didn’t have any pressing reasons for choosing Patong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol ... I believe ya (not)

[ QUOTE ]
If you’re a young guy with a bit of money in your pocket, I can’t imagine a much better place than Patong.... You can get a girl for around US $60 and booze... Many of the working girls are startlingly cute, and this is coming from someone who has never been that into asian chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we found your answer to the previous question

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea where I can meet some non-prostitutes around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You live at patong and f*ck hookers. You think that just cuz you have money you are good enough to get a non-hooker here?
Closed Thread