Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: I fold trips top kicker

[ QUOTE ]
so preflop, you 3-bet to find out where you were at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thinking for the raise but I think the raise itself is standard. Im suprised at other people saying this is a call pf.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thinking for the raise but I think the raise itself is standard. Im suprised at other people saying this is a call pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it may be standard in a general sense, but against a 19/8 UTG raiser it's burning money. As for the hand, I think it's pretty clear that you're chopping a lot and losing occasionally, so whether calling to chop is bad or not really just becomes a math problem, and the biggest factor in determining how often you lose the pot is whether or not he can show up with AQ here given the preflop action.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason - yes.As i said, he is straightforward enough to 4bet (esp OOP) KK and AA and i would certainly lose the minimum, cause i planned to fold (again, vs this specific player).

I also didn't want to call and have few more people call behind, cause i wouldn't know where i stand if an A or K flops.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I actually made 2 more calls in similar spots after that post where i had a very strong hand in vacuum (straight on 3 diamonds paired board and AA on JK66x board against a nit in rr pot who shoved the river), but realistically was beat and each time i knew i should have folded judging from the way the hand went.I was shown 2 boats...

I think i made a good fold here.I will probably make it again against the same type of villain on a similar board and similar action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you being a bit too results oriented? Plus if you're already sure you made the right play, why bother posting the hand?

But IMO opinion, I think that you have to call this. I think that you you have to discount the possibility that he got to the turn with QQ, and AQ given how nitty you describe him to be. AQ should have folded pf, and QQ should have folded the flop. Given that there are just so few hands that he has, and that you severely under repped your hand, I think that you have to call. I think that this is just one of those situations where the probability that he has AQ and QQ is so low that you call and he has to show you better.

Saying that, I don't hate your fold. I just think that you have to call this from time to time. Maybe he's bluffing you a lot more than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted the hand for discussion.

You are contradicting yourself.You say he doesn't have X,Y and Z...so, what does he have then?Pure bluff like 57s with OOP float by a nit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

QQ calls the flop, because it has 2 aces and it isn't sure that i have an A.KK checks the river for sd value/bluff catcher.

JJ is the only hand he might decide to bluff with, but this particular player doesn't strike me as a bluffer.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Posted the hand for discussion.

You are contradicting yourself.You say he doesn't have X,Y and Z...so, what does he have then?Pure bluff like 57s with OOP float by a nit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

QQ calls the flop, because it has 2 aces and it isn't sure that i have an A.KK checks the river for sd value/bluff catcher.

JJ is the only hand he might decide to bluff with, but this particular player doesn't strike me as a bluffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're contradicting yourself too. Why would a 19/8 (who knows you know he's a nit) peel an AAx flop with QQ when your pf 3betting range is like QQ+, AK against him? Also why would he call preflop with AQ, except maybe AQs when he's feeling tilty?

The only hand that makes sense on all 4 streets assuming your read of "nit" is correct is AK. Calling to chop is fine when chopping is the overwhelmingly likely result, because there is already money in the pot.

Surf
Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 PM

I think, he calls the 3bet w AQs/
And do you think he folds the flop on AAx board after my cbet with JJ-KK?
He wouldn't stack off, but i believe he doesn't fold the at least on the flop.