Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Electricity Bills & the \"competitive market\"

[ QUOTE ]
This is just unacceptable and ridiculous. I am being charged MORE than the electricity i'm using to be SUPPLIED to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would this be ridiculous? how much did they spend on the infrastructure to supply you the gas? how much do they spend per unit to deliver it? unless someone here has special insight into the business model of natural gas companies i don't think we're qualified to say whether or not the costs are 'fair'
Old 09-22-2007, 03:13 AM

lol nice reading comprehension
Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic but still on subject of electricy bills.

I bought a studio over a year and a half ago and have yet to receive an electricity bill. I did register my place and whatever else you are supposed to do when move into a new place. If they ever find out that I've been receiving "free" electricity all this time can they bill me for everything at once? What's my play here, just keep the status quo and hope they never track me down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they can.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic but still on subject of electricy bills.

I bought a studio over a year and a half ago and have yet to receive an electricity bill. I did register my place and whatever else you are supposed to do when move into a new place. If they ever find out that I've been receiving "free" electricity all this time can they bill me for everything at once? What's my play here, just keep the status quo and hope they never track me down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know someone who got away with this for almost two years. The electric company eventually sent him a bill for the whole thing.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 PM

When I worked for the City of Davenport one summer there was a huge deal involving the city and the water company. Evidently this guy was having trouble with his water pipes, but he didn't call in to report it for about a week. Anyway, a week later he calls when his yard is sinking and filling with water because of a pipe break in his yard. Since he waited so long to call, and because the pipe was on his property and not part of the main under public area the water company was coming at him with a bill of just over 26000$. Never did figure out how it was resolved, my internship was over before the resolution. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I worked for the City of Davenport one summer there was a huge deal involving the city and the water company. Evidently this guy was having trouble with his water pipes, but he didn't call in to report it for about a week. Anyway, a week later he calls when his yard is sinking and filling with water because of a pipe break in his yard. Since he waited so long to call, and because the pipe was on his property and not part of the main under public area the water company was coming at him with a bill of just over 26000$. Never did figure out how it was resolved, my internship was over before the resolution. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an apartment building that had a leak that caused a $2000 water bill. It was resolved by me paying it. I also had a big water bill when some tenants left their shower on for god knows how long which also caused a lot of water damage.

OP,