Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Kelsitaan plays a very unorthodox style while lacking many fundamental skills and is still [in my opinion] a big winner makes it even more interesting. His style is best against poor-average players and especially weak-tight players, though, and doesn't stand up well against other thinking, aggressive players. I was never claiming he was an amazing player, just that he was one of the biggest winners at full-ring [at least at 3/6.] I agree that he'd have to develop a lot as a player before he could sustain a decent winrate at 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelisitaan is pretty bad. I'm up more against him than anymore else. He might be good against the fish though and nits. He plays 40/26 (this is over 8k hands i have with him) at full ring... it's pretty hard to defend his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's tightened up some I think to around 30/20 lately. I admire his small ball strategy but I don't let him get away with the constant min raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

His minraises are really annoying. He's not that bad post flop though. His overall gameplan is poor though.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM

im up a few buyins on kel. Basically against him you just fight fire with fire and win. You'll have the best hand the vast majority of the time since you'll play tighter, and on top of that he doesn't play well vs aggression.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Kelsitaan plays a very unorthodox style while lacking many fundamental skills and is still [in my opinion] a big winner makes it even more interesting. His style is best against poor-average players and especially weak-tight players, though, and doesn't stand up well against other thinking, aggressive players. I was never claiming he was an amazing player, just that he was one of the biggest winners at full-ring [at least at 3/6.] I agree that he'd have to develop a lot as a player before he could sustain a decent winrate at 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelisitaan is pretty bad. I'm up more against him than anymore else. He might be good against the fish though and nits. He plays 40/26 (this is over 8k hands i have with him) at full ring... it's pretty hard to defend his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's tightened up some I think to around 30/20 lately. I admire his small ball strategy but I don't let him get away with the constant min raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have him at 39/24 since August 1 over 1900 hands.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:45 PM

I'm down against him slightly on this computer and breakeven against him overall (I think), mostly due to his fantastic ability to flop a huge draw and get there every single time I have top set against him.

His ability to play one pair type of hands is pretty atrocious though.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the small time I played, I like Bouge_Todd at 400NL 6-max. I believe he is one of the 2+2ers. Also, at 5/10 no one mentioned Rizen, who seemed to play solid, though haven't seen a lot. Rizen, some of you might know, is a very good MTT player.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's very "special"

no, but seriously, 30/20 + shortstacker does not = combo

bouge todd is a pain in the ass for me because our styles clash. obviously every LAG's nemesis is imsakidd.... but I can't help but laughing and typing "choo choo!" every time he does something. I'm poly_baller if people want to make fun of me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's special about imsakidd? I haven't tangled with him much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RU srs Poly_baller? If youre at my table I usually tangle with you the most unless some retardo maniac is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I meant to quote and then say "30/20 + imsa does not make life fun"

[censored] shorties [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

although curtains is awful, and it's fine when he's at my table
Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at you "tangling" with anyone LMAO.

"One sec dude I'm in a hand with IMSAKIDD I need total concentration"

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahaha.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 PM

Leatherass, 5/10 is my normal game...I only play 3/6 because there aren't ever 12 5/10 full ring tables running. As for 6 max, there are fewer fish there, so why would I want to play in tougher games when I could play in easier ones? You should start eating your shorts now because I've made over 600k in 2 years at 5/10 and 3/6.

Wpr, you're one of the luckiest players vs me. You've only won like 5 allins with me total, and that was when your AK sucked out on my KK all in pre, when you called huge reraises with A8 and 88 and sucked out on my KK, when those preflop calls are clearly -EV, and like 2 others I can't remember. I don't have any software, but I'm pretty sure I'm up vs most regulars...Enon is the only person in this thread that has given me a tough time.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leatherass, 5/10 is my normal game...I only play 3/6 because there aren't ever 12 5/10 full ring tables running. As for 6 max, there are fewer fish there, so why would I want to play in tougher games when I could play in easier ones? You should start eating your shorts now because I've made over 600k in 2 years at 5/10 and 3/6.

Wpr, you're one of the luckiest players vs me. You've only won like 5 allins with me total, and that was when your AK sucked out on my KK all in pre, when you called huge reraises with A8 and 88 and sucked out on my KK, when those preflop calls are clearly -EV, and like 2 others I can't remember. I don't have any software, but I'm pretty sure I'm up vs most regulars...Enon is the only person in this thread that has given me a tough time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I'd eat my shorts if you were the BIGGEST winner in that game. BTW congrats you've made almost as much as me this YEAR.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:13 AM

once again i drop 6 buyins at 5/10

i didn't run bad it's just pokerQ!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I met ADZ tonight at TS, he's a real cool guy. Not surprised he has so many hands at 25/50.

[/ QUOTE ]