Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: [theroy-ish] 4-bet and get it in pf with QQ against tag regulars?

4 betting preflop/getting it in with QQ is pretty necessary if you do the same with AK. I see a lot of TAGs who ONLY 4 bet when they have AK, and will always flat a 3 bet with TT-AA. This is obviously super exploitable. If 4 betting is a part of your game you should be 4 betting to some degree with your whole range, and mixing it up between 4 bet shoving, and smaller 4 bets.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Should the decision to 4-bet as opposed to calling be based more on being out of position than what hands you have? That way they can't read your hand range as well.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:09 AM

With QQ, you don't want to scare away JJ-TT. With AK, you do. So I'd be much more inclined to 4-bet AK than QQ (obviously mixing it up to not be exploitable).
Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. For the type of tag regulars that you are willing to 4-bet pf and get it in with AK pf with, do you think it's worth doing the same with QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against the regs that I 4-bet preflop, air is a reasonable percentage of my range. Consequently, I am pretty much obligated to 4-bet QQ preflop for value a good amount of the time, as well as JJ-TT at times. The reason being is that if I didn't, my range would be too easily polarized between nuts (KK+, AK) or nothing. Additionally, even if I didn't 4-bet as often I did, it would be incredibly transparent if I only 4-bet KK+, AK and always flat called with pairs like QQ and below.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Do you think this is best OOP only? If so we are flat calling a 3-bet with QQ in position, and so shouldn't we call with a wide range pf in position (i.e. blinds 3-betting you)? Like flat calling a 3-b in position with TT-AA a good percent of the time (33% ? 66% ? 100% ?), AKs/AQs/KQs and of course have to add in sc's for a nice range of semi-bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your 3-bet calling range should be wider in position, simply because you can apply pressure postflop and take the pot away much easier. I randomize it in position between calling and 4-betting. However, I still 4-bet hands like QQ a good amount, simply due to the fact that a lot of players 3-bet too much out of the blinds and I want to be able to punish them for that. Also, in button vs. blind battles, many blind 3-bettors seem more apt to get it in light vs. a 4-bet, b/c they feel that there's no reason for a person to 4-bet a premium hand like QQ+ when they have position. A fair amount of times, I've had the person in the blinds shove a weak pair like 77-99 or even air over my 4-bet. So, I definitely feel there is merit to 4-betting in position, including hands like JJ or QQ.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:21 AM

qq=nuts

ENOUGH SAID
Old 10-28-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should the decision to 4-bet as opposed to calling be based more on being out of position than what hands you have? That way they can't read your hand range as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's easy. When they think you're going to 4-bet a real hand 4-bet air and when they think you're going to 4-bet air 4-bet QQ.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's easy. When they think you're going to 4-bet a real hand 4-bet air and when they think you're going to 4-bet air 4-bet QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - easy to do when you can read souls. What about the rest of us?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 AM

the rest of you... move down