Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 07:16 PM

Default TP weak kicker from BB

Live game. Played against villain before, who is typically solid. When he's not playing well, he has a tendency to bluff too much, but hasn't been caught on any bluffs so far this session.

Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. 2 limpers, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SB bets, Hero raises, limpers fold, SB 3-bets.

Hero? What about the rest of the hand, if you don't fold to the 3-bet? Easy?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: TP weak kicker from BB

Eh he seems too excited for his hand to just have a flush draw, so I think we can give credit for at least top pair, most of which you're behind (and totally screwed if he has Q8).

You're getting 9:1 to draw if you're behind, and you need to severely discount your 5 outs as he could have Q8, 88 or 22. On the other hand you have hidden outs to at least split with Q2.

Frankly I really don't know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think calling and folding are pretty close here, but I can't decide which is better.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM

If he likes to bluff, I think I might be inclined to call, but its very close.

The problem with calling is that he will probably bet again on the turn and then what? If you are not willing to call or raise that .. then you might as well fold the flop. If you are willing to call that, then why not raise the flop?

I think I would fold, if you continue it would be dependant on reads.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:31 PM

I think you can make an argument for calling, even if you plan on folding the turn (I'm not saying that's the best line overall -- I'd like to hear what others have to say -- but I don't think you are committing to go to showdown just by calling the flop 3-bet). Raising at any point UI is not good.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 PM

A folding mindset is useful when the pot is small. I don't like this spot to pick off a bluff of his and not many solid players will 3-bet a draw.