Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: girls who play poker - a turn off for guys who don\'t play poker?

"Functional pretty?" Don't take this to mean that I'm asking for your measurements or something, but I'm really curious what you mean by that. I haven't heard a girl use "functional" whenever she was describing her relative level of attractiveness.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM

KittyKat is pretty Wookie. Maybe she's just being modest.

In any case, it would annoy me if a girl sat at a table and got treated differently because of her low neckline. It would annoy me to no end.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 PM

I don't doubt she's pretty good looking. I think she might have even posted pics here, unless I'm confusing her w/ someone else.

I don't think I'd be annoyed if a girl was using her assets at the poker table. I'd probably just chuckle to myself about the drooling retards giving her their money. I'd only be annoyed if she was slowing down the game, breaking rules, or if I couldn't get my fair share of the retard's money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm pretty enough not to scare children, but I'm far from a hottie. Perhaps I'm just comparing myself to the people I go to college with - we're known for the park just off campus, where on a summer day hundreds will be sunning in bikini's, and traffic slows. I dunno... I'm plain perhaps? My best qualities definitely aren't my looks.

And I'm sorry Katy, I'm probably the girl that annoys you. I find male stupidity in the face of anything sexual to be beyond amusing. And if that stupidity translates into money in my pocket, all the better. I'm also a bit of a flirt, I'm sure that doesn't help.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KittyKat is pretty Wookie. Maybe she's just being modest.

In any case, it would annoy me if a girl sat at a table and got treated differently because of her low neckline. It would annoy me to no end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women getting treated differently at the poker table happens All the time! I have seen it every time I have played live and there was a woman at the table. I even warned my wife about it when I was first teaching her how to play and we were headed to LV for the first time that she would be playing live. We talked about it after her first time playing and really laughed at how differently men treated her than any of the men at the table.

I also have to admit that the last time I was in Vegas I had to change seats because of a woman who was playing at the same table. Normally I am not bothered or distracted by a woman at the table, but this was an exception. She was across the table and was really pretty and had ample "Assets" that she was showing a lot of. I was really distracted and didn't want to get get caught staring or something so pretty quickly a seat opened up right next to her and I asked for a seat change. Then there wasn't as big a distraction, I got to talk to a really pretty girl and watched the rest of the guys at the table being distracted.

It was very funny.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I'm sorry Katy, I'm probably the girl that annoys you. I find male stupidity in the face of anything sexual to be beyond amusing. And if that stupidity translates into money in my pocket, all the better. I'm also a bit of a flirt, I'm sure that doesn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that would annoy me. Just because some guy gets stupid in the face of anything sexual is not a reason to take advantage of him or annoy other people at the table who aren't stupid. There's no honor in it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 PM

From my observations, this stupidity translates to extra money in the girl's pocket even if she is not flirting. The only exception is when the girl is being "mean," and not acting like a demure woman that the retarded ape thinks she should act like.

By "mean," I mean aggressive. But even then, that barely stops most men from flirting. You have to see it to believe or comprehend it, Katy.

FWIW, even a nice guy will make more money from donations from other guys than a mole. This is the main reason most internet players are unsuccessful at a live table.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just because some guy gets stupid in the face of anything sexual is not a reason to take advantage of him

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is. It's poker. I'm not their to make friends or get dates, I am their to win. And if I can take ANY advantage to do that, I will. Acting like a flirty little ditz keeps people from taking me seriously. Playing super sweet to guys means they don't want to take my money.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just because some guy gets stupid in the face of anything sexual is not a reason to take advantage of him

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is. It's poker. I'm not their to make friends or get dates, I am their to win. And if I can take ANY advantage to do that, I will. Acting like a flirty little ditz keeps people from taking me seriously. Playing super sweet to guys means they don't want to take my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this point I think I have to agree with Kitty. Using your attractiveness is no different than throwing off a fake tell. Poker is game of information or misinformation, and if men let you use your sexuality against them, by all means, go for it.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with this. Lately, I have been the guy who busts the pretty girl (did twice when I was in Vegas) and after she left the rest of table started to gang up on me. Many guys will treat an attractive female player differently. If she can use it to her advantage, then she should.

Good for you KK.