Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Rock Band

online play is so fun btw
Old 11-22-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 kids under 4, plus a newborn, are going to make this game a real f'n hassle for me to play, especially since I wanna do lotta singing via Xbox live cuz Ghazban will kick my azz if I don't sing for his "band".

Families are rigged.

BTW, how is the singing portion? How well does your/others voices come over Xbox live?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain man. Im not even anticipating bing this nytime soon, for this very reason. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You voice doesnt come over at all over live. The vocals just cut out if you're off pitch. Dali, how do you fair on expert vocals? I hear they're super strict. I've only done hard vocals myself. I'm barely skimping by the songs I dont know and barely 5*ing the songs I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the game yet, but I'm a pretty good singer and also very good at mimicking original vocalist tendencies, quirks, etc. I have never actually played a Karaoke game before, fwiw, so I really have little to base anything on. But otherwise, I am pretty well known to be a karaoke whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're off the hook-- I have a PS3 not a 360.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM

i don't understand why they made it impossible to have a 4 person band...there is no individual guitar for sale and the GH guitar doesn't work...what gives
Old 11-23-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why they made it impossible to have a 4 person band...there is no individual guitar for sale and the GH guitar doesn't work...what gives

[/ QUOTE ]

the xplorer one works, and I believe the les paul one works as well
Old 11-23-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the xplorer one works, and I believe the les paul one works as well

[/ QUOTE ]

bottom set is right...we didnt like the new guitar so we beat it with the les.

rank system for online play owns....
Old 11-24-2007, 01:05 AM

Picked it up today finally. I've been playing video games for 18 years, and there just isn't any other video game experience that lives up to rocking out with a full band on this game. We're having a dozen or so people over for a late Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, and I can't wait...it'll be like a concert in my living room.

Also, it's crazy how much better this game looks then GH3. Especially w/ regards to the animations on the singer and drummer. GH3's animations look almost mechanical at times, everything on this game is smooth and pretty much spot on w/ the rhythm.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM

Played this last night at a friends place.

* We used a second guitar he had from GH2 as the bass.

* It was a lot of fun.

* I found the guitar a lot easier on easy/med than GH is on easy/med.

* Agree that its not for apts, it gets loud.

* Singing is fun, but I find the little "yellow" sections where you get extra points for saying whatever kind of weird (although friends were getting into it, throwing in woos and such).

* We found that you don't need to be accurate in the words, just like the timing of making noise and the pitch. You can get "awesome" just saying Ooooh and Aaah the right way when you should be saying words. Of course that isn't as much fun.

* Drums was my favorite part by far, it was really good, I could do it well on easy by the end, but on medium I had trouble when the pedal got really involved.

* I didn't like that they cut out the swearing. Seeing "You're so very special" on the lyrics line for 'Creep' was sad, but like I said, you can slip [censored] in there and not lose points.

* Friend bought the game yesterday morning, and we played last night from like 1030-1. By 1 the rims around the drums were scuffed up pretty good, but I guess thatll happen when you have a bunch of drinking drummers who haven't ever played the instrument.

* It's just too damn expensive or I'd pick it up, still b/w GH @ 100 and this at like 170, I think this is a better value.

* I had trouble getting the guitar to recognize when I was moving it up to use star power or whatever.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 PM

yeah what's up with that? i can't get star power to activate with the new guitar. have to hit that dumb button. sucks.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 AM

I think having someone sing for this game is one of the dumbest things ever. Who would want to do that?