Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: This was a ruling situation I\'ve never encountered

[ QUOTE ]
VORP,

what seat were you in? Did we talk at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the 9 seat, Pokerstars shirt, totally out played you on that 33v66 hand...

Just kidding, I was in the 10 seat, the hand from the OP was my first one at the table. We didn't really talk at all.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the 10 seat, the hand from the OP was my first one at the table. We didn't really talk at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains why the 10 seat didn't speak up about the button not being moved.

My solution: OP posts the small, complaining player posts the big. When he squeals, ask him why he didn't try to correct the problem before it got irretrievably screwed up.

If it was a smaller game, I'd have the house re-imburse the complainer for the cost of one BB. But I'm not shelling out no $30, especially to a player who could be expected to have spoken up before the hand played out.

One more exception: I'll let the player who paid the BB twice chew out the dealer for up to one minute. I'd highly recommend a line that Al Pacino used on Kevin Spacey in "Glengarry Glen Ross":

"You are here to help us. Not to [censored] us up."
Old 12-18-2006, 01:24 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

heh, that was kind of an interesting hand. Would you have bet that river?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sit down in the 2 seat in the 15/30 at Wynn in the big blind and post it. The hand plays out, the dealer moves the button, I put out my small, and the guy to my left starts to protest.

He was already the big blind he says. At first we thought he was joking but he wasn't. Apparently the hand before I sat down he, the 3 seat, was the big blind and the 1 seat was small blind (the 1 seat posted the SB twice, one on my BB and once on seat 3's BB). So now, the button is on the 1 seat, I've posted a big and no small, seat 3 has posted a big and no small, and seat 4 hasn't posted a blind.

How would you resolve the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would simply tell seat 3 that he was mistaken and since he didn't say anything earlier he needs to post his BB and the SB the following hand. Otherwise everyone will start trying this angle. If he was a good customer then maybe I'd have security review the tape and if he was right I'd give his money from the house but realkly, it's up to the players to protect themsleves and I'd think that someone playing 15/30 should know if they are being asked to post out of turn.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heh, that was kind of an interesting hand. Would you have bet that river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, was that hand before the one where he capped 53o? Not much to value bet against there, although that guy wasn't going to fold A high. Pretty thin either way, I'd probably have checked.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:15 PM

Wow, so dealer didn't move the button AND allowed someone to come in on it? Was this a down change, too?