Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Moving up... stats check.

Okay, well I've made enough to move up to 50NL, but I thought I would post my stats to see if there is any major flaws/leaks I should be worried that would keep me from staying on this track one level up. I'm thinking that I play a little too tight and passive, especially on the turn and river, and that I don't raise enough/play too many hands in early position. Thoughts?

BTW, yeah, yeah, I know there are some FR stats... sorry, I play both. Kill me.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Moving up... stats check.

I think a solid TAG strategy works best at NL50, so if you are between 15 and 18 VPIP, that is a good range.

Raise more preflop - a PF raise percentage that is half of your VPIP is too small IMO. Also, try to get your turn and river AF a bit higher. If your total agression factor gets to about 3, I think that is a good solid number
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Your vpip/pfr gap is a wee bit large to my taste, but ok you make money

What strikes me is that you can see that your Won$WSF is a bit on the low side ... this might easily be linked to the high vpip gap .... BUT !

You Won$@SD is very high, so basically that is happening is that you are seeing a lot of cheap flops but getting paid off big when you hit.

At some point, you are going to get punished for this approach, but whether that will happen at 50NL is another thing ... hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your vpip/pfr gap is a wee bit large to my taste, but ok you make money

What strikes me is that you can see that your Won$WSF is a bit on the low side ... this might easily be linked to the high vpip gap .... BUT !

You Won$@SD is very high, so basically that is happening is that you are seeing a lot of cheap flops but getting paid off big when you hit.

At some point, you are going to get punished for this approach, but whether that will happen at 50NL is another thing ... hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a good point, and I didn't even think of that. I have a feeling I will get destroyed at either 100NL or 200NL (assuming I make it that far) if I don't change that, but I might be okay at 50NL. I don't think I'll be able to see nearly as many flops as cheaply as I have at those levels.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Destroyed is perhaps a bit on the dramatic side, but as you move up, it does become a fight for the initiative, so passively splashing around becomes more and more turbulent and difficult ... but don't be afraid of higher stakes, 100NL is not where you encounter aba and cts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL Warhammer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 PM

It would be better to see your positional stats without the full ring hands mixed in there, because it looks like you're limping a lot first in, which is probably something you'll need to stop as you move up levels (not sure if it will hurt you so bad at 50NL), because otherwise you'll get isolated by the TAGs and LAGs on your left, and playing raise pots OOP sucks.

Also, you'll probably want to look at raising your steal percentage a bit, which would also bump up your PFR. As mentioned, your turn and river aggression looks low, and also your turn aggression is lower than your river aggression. I don't know if that's bad, but it's not something that you usually see, and you might want to dig into some hands and examine how that came to be.

Nice graph, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be better to see your positional stats without the full ring hands mixed in there, because it looks like you're limping a lot first in, which is probably something you'll need to stop as you move up levels (not sure if it will hurt you so bad at 50NL), because otherwise you'll get isolated by the TAGs and LAGs on your left, and playing raise pots OOP sucks.

Also, you'll probably want to look at raising your steal percentage a bit, which would also bump up your PFR. As mentioned, your turn and river aggression looks low, and also your turn aggression is lower than your river aggression. I don't know if that's bad, but it's not something that you usually see, and you might want to dig into some hands and examine how that came to be.

Nice graph, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
TY sir. Here's my 6-max only stats.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM

I saw that the steal % was low also...is that calculation based off being the initial PF raiser from CO/BU? Since a lot of people limp in NL25 that could be the reason. I don't love raising up limp-callers with marginal holdings against players that refuse to fold if they hit their TPWK.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:31 PM

raise more in late position.

raise more in general [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM

Small sample but you're losing UTG in 6max. You shouldn't lose money in any position that isn't a blind, otherwise you'd be better off folding every single hand in that position.
You're playing 12/6 there. What is your raise/limp range here?
If you're limp/folding to a late position raise here a lot, that's a big leak.
The higher you go, the less you'll be able to see a flop just limping UTG.