Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Tough flop-decision 3-handed, Stars 30/60

CO is very wild and loose and has lost A LOT (down 4 grand) in the little more than 100 hands I have on him (or her), so he could be playing anything, but even a maniac hits sometimes, and this kinda flop usually fits them. When I bet out I hoped for one caller, this is a situation you want to get heads up or fold in my opinion. If any of the players has As2sxx it's not fun either. Anyone who would check/call this flop or just let it go and wait for next hand?

PokerStars 30/60 Omaha/8 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 03-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Tough flop-decision 3-handed, Stars 30/60

You have the second-nuts. I say the pot is large enough to merit a call here.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM

pot's small when it gets back to you (i'm taking about investment vs. pot size) and this bad two-way hand is v. hard to improve.

since villian who sucks is in there it's harder to get away, but you have to anticipate multiple bets on the big streets, regardless of what peels off.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Barbarian - I think you have to bet this flop in an attempt to find out where you stand.

Against normal opponents, you will have found out where you stand and you can get out relatively cheaply.

With a steamer (CO) in on the action, as it turns out, you still can't tell where you stand.

However, UTG+1 has raised and you have to suspect that UTG+1, at least has a hand - and maybe CO does, as well.

Not an easy decision.

I do like your flop bet. If UTG+1 had not raised, then things would be different. But from your perspective, UTG+1 may have raised expecting CO to make it three bets, putting pressure on you to fold. And in that case, UTG+1 ends up isolated against CO with some of your dead money in the pot.

You're out of position and if you call the double raise, UTG+1 might well cap it. Very hard to know what UTG+1 is holding. Could be no more than a good low plus a nine - maybe not even that much.

I think you have to fold, just as you did. There's a good chance you're getting out-played by UTG+1 here, but there isn't anything you can do about it. I imagine you hated folding here. I would have hated folding here too. But that's your play.

Buzz
Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 PM

tough laydown, but quite often you will be 1/2 at best, and many times you will get 0. i think your fold is solid, but take note at SD how each player played so you can adjust accordingly.