Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: FT200 4-bet sees a flop

[ QUOTE ]
After someone 3 bets to 28 they are really gonna fold to a 30 dollar 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF...of course they do.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $101.60
UTG: $48.60
Hero (CO): $103.50
BTN: $176.75
SB: $117.60

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.50</font>, BTN folds
Old 10-19-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I either 4 bet to like 100 which is showing I am committed

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and you prevent him from ever 5-bet shoving worse. Great strategy.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I have AK and I get 3 bet, a decision should be made preflop whether you want to play for stacks or not. IF you do want to play for stacks, then you make a real reraise to 90 or more. What do you do when you make some scared 4 bet to less than 60 total and villain smooth calls and you miss? What do you do when you make that small little min 4 bet to 60 with JJ and a Q flops. I fail to see how making it 60 is ever more profitable and +EV then making it $90+, particularly in this spot.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:14 PM

Surely you should be 4 bet shoving this pre? Thought this was a fairly standard line.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM

agreed with djj.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of his range at 1/2 is 5 betting worse than AK? A very very small part of it. Four betting AK for half your stack or so is +EV for so many reasons. You have fold equity against hands like JJ and below and sometimes even QQ and below. If you 4 bet to 90+ with AK then you can do the same with AA, KK, and QQ yourself. You are so rarely a huge favorite with AK all in preflop to say making it 60&gt;90+ because you get people to bluff raise at 1/2NL is completely wrong IMO. The value is in the folds you get from hands you would be flipping against as well as with the fact that there is dead money in the pot when you are basically in a coin flip situation, both of which are hugely +EV for you.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:20 PM

Not a big fan of the 4 bet size but how can a guy put in $79 of $200 preflop without pushing/folding? I think Nielsio was expecting a push/fold from villain like always.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah and you prevent him from ever 5-bet shoving worse. Great strategy.

[/ QUOTE ] When I have AK and I get 3 bet, a decision should be made preflop whether you want to play for stacks or not. IF you do want to play for stacks, then you make a real reraise to 90 or more. What do you do when you make some scared 4 bet to less than 60 total and villain smooth calls and you miss? What do you do when you make that small little min 4 bet to 60 with JJ and a Q flops. I fail to see how making it 60 is ever more profitable and +EV then making it $90+, particularly in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it help to have some read on villain. Knowing that villain will never flat call the four bet and knowing that villain is cabable of shoving over a small 4 bet are reason to 4 bet small. And who said anything about deciding whether or not we are playing for stacks preflop when me make a small 4 bet. We are definitely calling a shove. Against some opponents just shoving ourselves might be better.

A $100 4 bet is just a bad middle ground where you don't give villain the option to bluff shove, he can still flat call and now we are in a really bad spot on the flop when we miss because we might have to consider calling a flop shove getting 3 to 1. It almost sounds like this is your reason for wanting to 4 bet larger just so you can't fold after the flop which is not a good reason to make a certain bet size.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate people who flat 4-bets. Really really tilts me. Because of that I always shove here since I'm tilting, C/F is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol qft
Old 10-19-2007, 01:28 PM

also, there are a few good things that a four bet to $80 accomplishes that aren't accomplished by a four bet to $59. Don't really like either of these amounts much at all. If I had to pick one of those two amounts with this hand it would be $80 but again, I think neither of these amounts are very good.