Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

[ QUOTE ]
Most of what little we do know about what Frist has been doing has included banks, not just credit cards and the House version was banks as well so it's highly unlikley to just be credit cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but that is directly from banks to the online companies. I have not seen anything regarding bans on Neteller or similar, which would still be available.

(I could be wrong, that is how I understand it.)
Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 PM

All they have to do is classify Netleller as a gambling related company and that's it, game over. And regardless of that, how many news stories about how internet poker is now illegal do you think it will take to dry up the fish pool, the media won't bother with tiny details like this, they'll just report that congress passed a law banning internet gambling.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but that is directly from banks to the online companies. I have not seen anything regarding bans on Neteller or similar, which would still be available.

(I could be wrong, that is how I understand it.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this bill going to touch Neteller or not?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:42 PM

It's unlikely the legislation will specify neteller by name but it's likely to be targeted by the Justice dept or Treasury whichever gets responsibility for desginating gambling companies to the banks.

Aside from all that popular perception that online poker is now illegal will definitely hurt the games even if neteller isn't blocked.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 PM

From everything I have heard, it will be virtually impossible to ban Neteller transactions. Neteller is used for actually buying and selling of goods worldwide and to ban banks from accepting those transactions would be against world trade agreements, so im told. If the US did try to ban these transactions, other countries would undoubtedly file complaints against trade agreements and the US would more than likely have to following those trade agreements. Im under the impression that the bigger threat is to requir the ISPs to not allow customers to connect to these "illegal" sites, which would not even allow people to get access to these sites.