Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

This occurred a few days ago actually.

So my friend from elementary school, who had moved to Nashville, TN and then later to Portland, OR, finally comes back to socal to visit after having been away for 10 years. Naturally we meet up, talk about stuff, etc. He says he has plans to go to Irvine the next day, which is where I coincidentally go to school (UCI), about 30 minutes from our hometown.

So I hang out with him there and he goes to meet his ex from Nashville, who had moved to southern California a while back. She is also my friend's good buddy and got to know each other because they were coincidentally put into the same dorm building (out of like...~50?) in freshman year. She had recently dated someone from the same elementary school as me and my visiting friend before as well.

Figured it was pretty crazy how there was this triangular network going on, how they had met in Nashville like 8 years ago and both ended up back in SoCal, how she happened to go to my school and was in my direct social network and had dated someone we knew 10 years back.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 AM

Went on a 4 day snowboarding trip in the Canadian rockies (Silver Star & Big White) and hooked up with a girl. We were "together" for a few days,when we left, we exchanged info but I never really expected to hear from her again. 6 months later during the summer I am walking down the street of my hometown (edmonton,AB,CA) holding hands with my gf of 3 months. The snowboard girl and another guy are walking toward us. The other guy says "hi, how you doing?" to my gf and she says "good" and keeps walking. I make eye contact with snowboard girl and give her the nod but both couples keep walking past and dont stop. My gf later explained that she dated other guy for a while until she found out he was engaged to someone else. The someone else being the girl I hooked up with on the snowboard trip.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM

Took a trip to France during college. On the flight, my brother is in 15A, I am in 15C, and my French teacher from college in is coincidentally 15B. He is excited to see me, takes out the French equivalent of Car & Driver and starts talking about cars. I have been studying Spanish the last several years and realize my French now utterly sucks; I don't understand him.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Went on a 4 day snowboarding trip in the Canadian rockies (Silver Star & Big White) and hooked up with a girl. We were "together" for a few days,when we left, we exchanged info but I never really expected to hear from her again. 6 months later during the summer I am walking down the street of my hometown (edmonton,AB,CA) holding hands with my gf of 3 months. The snowboard girl and another guy are walking toward us. The other guy says "hi, how you doing?" to my gf and she says "good" and keeps walking. I make eye contact with snowboard girl and give her the nod but both couples keep walking past and dont stop. My gf later explained that she dated other guy for a while until she found out he was engaged to someone else. The someone else being the girl I hooked up with on the snowboard trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good one.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:25 PM

I've paid for sex four times and only had it once. Now I am broke.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM

I was playing Blackjack in Tunica and asked for a comp to the buffet. The guy next to me (who had been there for hours) asked for one as well, and the Pit Boss asked if we wanted them on the same ticket. I said "No, we don't know each other".

The Pit Boss just looked at us dumbfounded and said "I though he was your father, since you have the exact same name".

We had the exact same first, middle, and last names; but are not related in any way.

edit: There was also a Puerto Rican guy on my ship in the Navy born at the exact same time as I was. Started talking when they made a Happy Birthday announcement during rollcall.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 PM

BigPoppa - Your blackjack one wins the thread in my opinion.
That's just freaking weird assuming your name isn't John Smith or something.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM

Once ordered a pizza on the phone in Seattle and the guy asked where i was from. Ultimately, we were both from San Antonio living in Seattle. He said he picked up on the way i said jalepenos.

I started a new job in the printing department at Microsoft. Get to talking to one of the guys and it turns out he was also from San Antonio and had dated a girl that when to my high school.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BigPoppa - Your blackjack one wins the thread in my opinion.
That's just freaking weird assuming your name isn't John Smith or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it depends on how common the name is.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've paid for sex four times and only had it once. Now I am broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser?