Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:21 AM

Default NL400 AKo in 3b pot line check (LC)

Vilain in this hand is uconnsports1 (for those who don't know him is a good nl400/600 regular on PS playing SLAG).

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $447.85
BB: $120.75
UTG: $657.35
UTG+1: $428.80
MP1: $27.25
MP2: $525.90
MP3: $283.75
CO: $87.50
BTN: $417.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $16.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $52.00</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls $36.00

Flop: ($108) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $72.00</font>, MP2 calls $72.00

Turn: ($252) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks

River: ($252) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ?

We haven't tangle much before. I think it was the first time I 3b him. He might view me as much tighter than I am as I played Short stack with him a few days ago.

At NL200 I cbet quite often with AK when I hit a K or A on the turn I usually just check if my cbet has been called in order to induce a bluff. I kind of lost here. Should I bet the turn or the river? How often will he call a turn bet with a weaker hand than mine? Once I've chose to check the turn should I c/c the river hoping that a low pp would try to push me out of QQ/TT or should I just lead?

Any comment wellcome, I think I've missplayed this one at some point but don't know where.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: NL400 AKo in 3b pot line check (LC)

check call river to get hearts to bet.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:29 AM

As played you have to bet this river. He's a good player and hes not going to turn TT or QQ into a bluff on this river. However, he may call with those hands.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:29 AM

i think you can bet the turn very profitably vs him. He's very unsusceptible (word?) to turn c/r's. Vs me he very often will auto call flops, then autocheck turns, and then make a very big bet when checked to on river (with a fairly wide range).

So as played i'd checkcall.

Also note that he calls your flop bet around 75-80% of the time. So if you are gonna bet it, you need to autoshove a lot of turns.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 AM

betting turn &gt; checking turn but neither are horrible. I wouldn't float someone i don't have history with nearly as much as i would renton so my range is overpair or hearts.

Given this range...

advantages to betting turn - fold out heart draw which to avoid making an awkward river decision if the a heart was to hit.

advantages to checking turn - You could check/shove b/c some players will bet there hearts here, which i dont think i would do unless i was tilting.

as played your river call was standard it was just unfortunate I had JJJ this time.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 AM

Even with knowing the results already, I still like the checking of the turn against uconn. With him calling the 3bet smooth (which is not that unusual), but then smooth calling the flop, I'd now put him on an overpair. When you bet the flop and he calls, and then check the turn, "might" look like a cont. bet and you're giving up. Especially against a very aggressive player. I would have put in a value bet on the river. When uconn puts in a healthy reraise here I'm put in a very awkward spot. And since I'm a POW, might even pay him off even though I know he has 1010-KK here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:13 PM

Thanks for your answer. It's always weird to change limit, game dynamic changes and it's hard to adapt. I wanted to know if the turn check and river check was good in NL400, consensus seems to be that's ok.

I usually don't take into account the possible FD when a solid player calls a 3b even IP. Here I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on the board so that only left 7h6h,8h7h,JhTh,QhJh,AhQh and maybe AhJh/AhTh as possible FD. I guess he will not call a 3b against an unknown player with those hands each time he holds them. That's not much of his range compared to 99+.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you can bet the turn very profitably vs him. He's very unsusceptible (word?) to turn c/r's. Vs me he very often will auto call flops, then autocheck turns, and then make a very big bet when checked to on river (with a fairly wide range).

So as played i'd checkcall.

Also note that he calls your flop bet around 75-80% of the time. So if you are gonna bet it, you need to autoshove a lot of turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

he calls your flop bet 75-80%? That's because I assume even though you are 3/betting light, he probably isn't calling as light? AQ+ TT+, and as such, a lot of flops are going to look good to float on?