Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Default 25NL Really tough spot!

Maybe this is easy for some of you, but I was completely lost as to what to do in this spot. We are almost 200bb deep which I am not that familiar with and he had over 30 behind the 12$ raise.

Thanks for your input.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.52
BB: $31.71
Hero (UTG): $49.35
CO: $9.55
BTN: $77.96

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Turn: ($6.05) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>

Pot Size: $21.55
Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: 25NL Really tough spot!

does anyone have any comments on this hand?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:54 AM

You have a good hand but what hand can you really put villain on that you beat? Slowplayed sets/45/ seem like the biggest part of his range, especially since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . It seems really hard to fold top 2 here but if villain is playing really straightforward like a 25NLer normally does you have to fold
Old 09-25-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a good hand but what hand can you really put villain on that you beat? Slowplayed sets/45/ seem like the biggest part of his range, especially since you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . It seems really hard to fold top 2 here but if villain is playing really straightforward like a 25NLer normally does you have to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the reply, I am wondering how often do you think he has Ax here? Ax being anything from AK to a weaker two pair like A3.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 AM

Tough spot. I probably just call turn and reevaluate river. I usually go broke here.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 AM

Bad villains will play AQ+ this way, if you think he's donkish that makes it lean more towards a call but against a solid opponent it's unlikely. I think a solid opponent would never call with just a pair of 3s on the flop against an UTG raiser here either, as long as your image isn't super-LAG
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 AM

i would move all in. without reads, he could have a smaller 2pair, a big ace, a big draw, whatever. i wouldn't feel bad about going broke with top 2 on that board.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 AM

Do you have any reads at all on the SB? How did he get his stack, is he loose, aggro at all, TAGGY, nitty, etc.? This can really help narrow his range.

Is he really check-calling a set on the flop for a rather modest amount with someone behind him on this pretty drawy flop? Again, if he's seemed solid so far, unlikely. If he's passive / donkish possibly. If he's terrible and stupid-tricky more likely.

Second, your bet sizing is a little off, in my opinion. Bet larger on the flop and turn, this charges draws more effectively and helps to define any raises you meet more clearly. Your smallish turn bet (combined with your smallish flop bet) may have convinced your opponent that you have nothing near as strong as top two here, which may in turn have induced him to raise with a wider range than just sets. So it's hard to tell where you are on the turn, and lacking strong reads, I think you have to call and probably call another reasonable bet on a non-club river.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:21 AM

This hand comes down to reads...You are both 200BBs deep you must have something(even just PT stats)???? What is your image and style????? Top 2 is very difficult to lay down without ANY type of read can't put villain on any sort of range...

If we assume villain is an unknown I call the turn C/R and be willing to goto the felt...Turn bet is too weak..Bet $5 to full pot on turn..The weak bet could also given villain the incentive to try and push you off your hand with a strong A or other hands..
Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 AM

Stats/reads could be extremely important here. Check call/ check raise is such a strong line....but you have a big hand. I can't see myself folding. It just depends on whether I just call turn and then probably just call river....or if I 3bet turn and then look to get it all-in.

Even just stats and I could probably tell you which I prefer. But stats and then an opinion on the guy's play would be even better.

He could have 22,33,A2,A3,AK,AQ,TT,54 prolly suited, or some random hand even. Stats or a read could start to tell which ones he has more often or even if he may just about never have some of those.